Petroleum Refining Laboratory Scientist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Petroleum Refining Laboratory Scientist with experience in laboratory analysis related to petroleum refining to join Global Manufacturing Ras Tanura Engineering Department- Laboratory Division (RTA-Lab).
RTA-Lab is a Quality Control / Quality Assurance (QA/QC) chemical analytical laboratory which operates 24/7 and provides variety of lab services main of them are; certifying petroleum and its refined products using an internationally recognized tests methods, testing process stream samples, gas analysis, environmental analysis and other special lab analytical services such as laboratory studies related to refinery plants performance.
Your primary role will be to operate lab equipment to international standards, implementing tests methods, upgrading lab analytical technologies, training lab technicians on testing methods, giving technical support to lab clients, conducting lab analytical studies and to assure the lab operations are adhering to Saudi Aramco regulations and engineering standards, ISO17025 and ISO45001 requirements.
• As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
• Calibrate and troubleshoot lab equipment, acquire new technologies and updating lab records.
• Implement lab test methods and assure the in-use lab tests methods are up-to-date.
• Train lab personnel on lab analyzers and laboratory test methods.
• Develop quality system related to lab equipment.
• Conduct Lab Analytical Studies and issue reports.
• Address lab clients' requests.
• Implement safety rules on area of responsibility.
• Update lab management on lab operations.
• Purchasing labware materials such as; Chemicals, Equipment and others.
• Improve the safety and quality of the assigned testing areas.
• Optimize laboratory resources.
• Seek and adapt latest technologies and implement them at RTA-Lab.
• Give technical presentations and share knowledge.
• Participate in incident investigation activities concerning laboratory/ plants processes as required.
• You must hold a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. An advanced degree is preferred.
• You should have a minimum of 10 years experience working in Petroleum Refining Laboratory.
• You should be fully aware of ISO17025 - preferable a certified ISO17025 auditor.
• You should be fully aware of ISO 45001 - preferable certified on ISO45001 standard.
• Experience in instrumental analytical methods such as; GC, ICP, AAS, IR, UV-VIS is required.
• Experience in tests methods related to crude oil and its refined products reference test methods like: ASTM, IP, SMS, UOP and others is also a requirement.
• You should be knowledgeable in quality control methods used at analytical laboratory.
• Experience in operating commonly used lab analyzers related to petroleum industry is preferred.
• Experience in using laboratory LIMS system is a must.
• You should have knowledge of statistical quality control laboratory methods.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.