Job description / Role
Atkins are currently looking for an experienced Planner to join our Project Management & Design Delivery teams in Riyadh. Main responsibilities are to lead the scheduling for a wide range of master planning, design & engineering Projects in KSA, including the following key responsibilities:
- Ability to develop baseline schedules with little project information. This requires previous experience in building design, engineering, master planning and mix use development projects.
- Lead the preparation and management of overview and strategic programmes, including design, procurement, tender and construction schedules together with supporting information required;
- Coordinate the preparation and development of master planning, design, engineering, procurement, tender and construction schedules together with associated information required schedules;
- Develop project dashboard reports in MS Excel, MS Power point or other reporting tools
- Review the schedules and related documents from the designers, sub-consultants and contractors including weekly & monthly reports and analyse the content to ensure compliance with project objectives;
- Review schedule trends to identify problem areas and recommend corrective action to management;
- Review schedules to identify delay and risks and recommend appropriate mitigation actions to management;
- Monitor & Report actual progress against planned progress;
- Monitor & Report engineering design progress, tender, procurement and construction and commissioning status;
- Prepare progress monitoring tools using earned value for the management and monitoring of the above-mentioned schedules. Identify deviations (progress trends) in progress and suggest possible courses of corrective action;
- Interface on a daily basis with the designers, consultants, PMCs, client & contractor and internal management;
- Carry out studies into scheduling, manpower, productivity and progress as needed;
- Attend on & offsite meetings as requested by the client;
- Review schedules for slippage of key dates;
- Identify stakeholder key tasks in the baseline and detailed schedules;
- Assist in the defence / approval of any claim for time extension or major change to the schedule;
- Other duties as requested from time to time;
- Participate with the project management team, as directed by the Project Manager or Director, to achieve project deliverables;
- Issue schedule weekly updates;
- Identify and report main issues interfering with progress;
- Identify and report on measures for improving schedule performance;
- Coordinate with the Project Team on all aspects of the work;
- Provide all time related information to the Project Manager;
- Follow the procedures, tools, templates, instruction, etc. ;
- Monitor the timing of submittals against schedule requirements;
- Assist in the preparation and management of overview and strategic programmes, including design, procurement, tender and construction schedules together with supporting information required schedules.
- You will be a recognised expert with a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Planner/Scheduler / Planning Engineer;
- You will have considerable planning experience working either client side or for a design & engineering consultancy;
- Successful applicants will have experience of working on high value, hospitality, and mix use development projects;
- Proficiency in the use of Primavera P6 and MS Excel using advanced formulas is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is essential.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).