Job description / Role
• Establish the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in coordination with the Project Manager
• Develop detailed schedules with resource/cost loading at the activity level.
• Develop and maintain detailed deliverable lists for each design project in coordination with Project/Engineering Manager.
• Implement a deliverable-based progress measurement model and coordinate with Leads to maintain periodic updates.
• Utilize Earned Value Management techniques to evaluate schedule and cost performance metrics.
• Maintain bi-weekly updates of Earned Value Analysis dashboard at the project and Sector level.
• Construction Support: Review, check and evaluate Contractors’ schedule of works. Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the Project Manager.
• Prepare weekly and/or monthly progress reports covering the status of construction projects.
• Proposal Support: Develop schedules in support of Parsons’ proposals for new pursuits.
• Attend meetings (both internally and externally) and discuss/present schedule/progress related matters.
• Prepare weekly, monthly (or any period agreed with the Client) reports about the status of construction progress, etc.
• Will be responsible for presenting accurate data and updates at the project review meetings for evaluating project progress & resolving all issues related to the site & construction coordination
• We need people who perform well when every moment counts
The heroes of a situation are the ones who can meet high pressure with high focus, high determination, and high productivity. If that’s you, you’re in high demand in our inclusive organization where our valued, diverse staff broadens our ability to find smart solutions.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or related field with experience in Planning/Scheduling, utilizing Primavera Project Management 'P6'.
• Candidate with 8-12 years of in-depth knowledge and 'hands on' experience (both Contracting and Consulting) on fast-track fit-out and interiors projects for hotels, residential and commercial buildings.
• Experience working on both design and construction projects is a must.
• Proven experience in utilization of Earned Value Management in performance analysis and reporting.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers.
• Must be able to represent Parsons in front of clients in meetings/presentations
• Preferably have a minimum 5 years’ experience in the gulf region.
• Must have excellent skills in utilizing MS Office application, especially Excel.
• Must be able to create and maintain complex spreadsheets, including the utilization of complex formulas.
• Able to work in fast-phase construction environment with efficient multi-tasking skills and collaborate well with cross-functional departments.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.