Job description / Role
One of the leading real estate and development companies operating in Saudi Arabia today, Abdul Latif Jameel Real Estate Investment Co. Ltd (ALJREIC) is a sister company to Abdul Latif Jameel Group (ALJ), which was established in 1955.
Proudly owned 100% by Saudi shareholders, the company’s aims are many and varied, with a core focus on developing hotels to accommodate the “religious” segment of the hospitality sector, focusing on Hajj and Umrah visitors and working closely with tour operators targeting visitors (primarily) from Indonesia, Turkey, Iran, Malaysia, Egypt and South Africa. Always looking forwards, ALJREIC continues to reflect an ethos of growth and progress, with the best interests of local communities shaping all we do.
• An extensive understanding of the development and maintenance of detailed project schedules inclusive of design, procurement, construction, closeout, equipment installation, and commissioning activities.
• He must understand and apply engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with all relevant stakeholders regarding progress, cost, resources, risks, trends, etc.
• He will develop maintain and monitor critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
• He will maintain and review baseline schedules, perform schedule reviews with entire project teams. Also, works in close coordination with construction team for taking critical decisions.
• The following sets out the key roles / responsibilities and objectives of ALJREIC Planning Manager.
• Undertake an in-depth detailed review of all tender documents, drawings and contracts.
• Preparation of detailed CL-8.3/detailed programme & look-ahead programme in Primavera with proper logic and flow of the work in order to meet significant milestones.
• Liaise with Operations, Manufacturing, Procurement and Engineering teams to ensure all planning interfaces and dependencies are fully captured in the network schedule.
• Prepare a procurement plan for all long-lead and key deliverables and align to the schedule.
• Ensure all deliverables including shop drawings and material submittals are loaded and aligned to the schedule and procurement plan
• Loading of cash-flow & resources requirements into the program, in line with planned quantities and production rates.
• Determine the rate of progress through analysis and key performance indicator assessments on critical packages and take actions where the project programme is projected to show delays.
• Periodic update of the baseline program and look-ahead program.
• Report any slippage to the Project Manager/Director and ensure that the issues are effectively communicated.
• Provide the mitigation measures for overcoming delays and prepare a risk register.
• Monitor day to day work progress and prepare weekly and monthly reports, and identify principle project risks
• Monitor and update the production rates.
• Report to the Project Manager/Director about the current work progress and make comparison between plan and actual progress and study impact of alternative approaches to work.
• Attend progress/technical/coordination meetings.
• Reports to the Stake holders and site both formerly and informally on all project specific matters as required.
• Claim programs/delay analysis for extension of time.
• Communicate daily with project managers & project resource, ensure their attendance at required meetings.
• Coordinate inter-project dependencies including equipment and resource allocation.
• Coordinate with sub-contractor, labour contractors, suppliers
• Consult with the appropriate project team members to ensuring proper planning is completed prior to the commencement of work.
SAR 10,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
• B.E (Civil); M.E. or MTech Preferably
• 10-12 years of experience
Salary between SAR 10,000 – 15,000, based on experience, plus benefits
About the Company
Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel Group is a collection of firms that focuses primarily on real estate development and agriculture. Its real estate portfolio includes several lands in the Jeddah / Makkah region which include hospitality and commercial real estate. Its agricultural business currently cultivates more than 280,000 date palms using sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. Forward thinking, social and environmental consciousness are the fundamental principles uniting the YALJ group.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Planning Engineer
Saudi Arabian Baytur
Projects Planning Engineer
A Leading Multinational Engineering Company
Senior Planning Engineer / Planning Engineer - Airport Terminal
Housing Project Manager
Zuhair Fayez Partnership
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)