Job description / Role
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Presales Business Architect leads and manages strategic presales activities for a given set of opportunities and customers and support driving the digital transformation vision and roadmap. The Presales Business Architect serves as a confidante to sales team to plan and orchestrate sales engagements and to set the appropriate team of Specialists. A Presales Business Architect is an evangelist for the SAP digital transformation, cloud strategy and solutions in their discussions with customers to influence opinions and inspire action. The Presales Business Architect must have a good working knowledge of SAP solutions, and how they relate to customers' expectations and requirements.
The Presales Business Architect engages with the customers to ideate on new and innovate solutions and works closely with the team to architect solutions that solve our customer's most complex business problems. The Presales Business Architect must be resourceful and creative and be able to work collaboratively with the SAP virtual account team, partners and customers. The Presales Business Architect must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills.
TASKS AND EXPECTATIONS
The Presales Business Architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the single point of contact for the Account Executives and specific customers in support of sales opportunities being the key driver from vision to use cases to tangible solution proofs
- The Presales Business Architect orchestrates internal and external engagement as a deal captain, drive deal qualification, prioritization and setting the right team in close co-operation with the Account Executive and Presales Manager
- Presales Business Architects will spend time with customers and lead the engagement with key stakeholders by actively participating in customer meetings, events and evangelize business innovation topics in customer industry language and solutions
- Facilitate innovation workshops with design thinking techniques and ensuring consistent theme and readiness for workshop/demo delivery
- Presales Business Architects own the quality of the solution specific proposals (presentations, demonstrations, innovation workshops etc.) by driving the process from vision to use cases to tangible solution proofs
- Co-create the digital transformation vision with key stakeholders at customer and SAP
- Presales Business Architects hold themselves and others accountable to the standards established via Best-Run for delivering memorable customer engagements
- Responsible for resource search and reaches out to presales manager for approval and allocation/staffing of the identified resources in the system
- Drive deliverables as Business Transformation Roadmaps, Solution feasibility studies and proposals, Business case input, RFx's, Use case stories to fulfill vision, Solution maps, manage PoC, Mock-ups etc
- Build strong relationship with SAP Sales teams and with their assigned customers
- Experienced in presenting to and talking with C-level managers and orchestrate to co-operation of cross teams (Business, IT etc)
- Excellent team management skills and experience with orchestration of complex deals envisioning the big picture and value for the customer
- Provide best-practice guidance on customer processes and present business values related to solution proposition and roadmap
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Self-confident, action and result oriented with a passion for success
- Master degree required, MBA or equivalent degree required from accredited university preferred
- Innovative thinking
- Ability to work in international and virtual teams
- Excellent communication skills on all levels
- Fluency in English, Arabic language an asset
- 8+ years of professional experience including min 5 years of Business Consulting and/or Presales experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrate successful engagements
- Expert knowledge/expertise on the end-to-end SAP processes/solution
- C-Level messaging and influencing experience
- Experience in sales and presales processes
- Digital transformation, Business Consulting and/or Presales experience
- Leadership experience in virtual and cross- functional teams
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.