Job description / Role
To teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by the British Curriculum Framework under the overall guidance of the Saudi MOE guidelines;
To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care by the Principal, Vice Principal or Coordinator.
• Preparing daily and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines.
• Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students.
• Teaching a full range of subject areas.
• Developing children’s interests, abilities and coordination using a variety of creative activities including art, sport and music.
• Supervising students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks.
• Attending staff meetings and training and development sessions.
• Assessing, recording, reporting and evaluating students’ educational progress and abilities.
• Setting and conducting testing and assessments.
• Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
• Organising, attending and supervising school activities such as excursions, school concerts, camps and sporting events.
• Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the school.
• Reviewing and evaluating one’s own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programmes in line with the National Curriculum Framework guidelines.
• Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of all subjects.
• Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities.
• Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
• Participating in staff, group or other meetings related to the school curriculum or pastoral care arrangements, for the better organization and administration of the school.
• Contributing to the professional development of new teachers and student teachers according to arrangements agreed with the Principal.
• Participating in and leading school assemblies.
• Registering and monitoring the attendance of students under one’s care.
• Sharing in any possible and reasonable way in the effective management, organisation, order and discipline of the school.
• Together with other school personnel, developing and implementing the Individual Educational Programme (IEP) of students with Individual Educational Needs and participating in IEP meetings.
• Ensuring that schemes of work are carried out in class are shared with support staff in good time so that the adaptations and resources are made for use with students with individual educational needs in class.
• Regularly discussing and monitoring the work being carried out by the teaching assistant in class.
• In the case of students with severe learning difficulties and with communication problems, ensuring that a Contact Book is daily updated with the necessary information including parents’ signature.
• Making use of audiovisual technological devices/aides (such as radio aids; projectors, tablets) and other adaptations during the delivery of the
University Qualifications: Education / Teaching
Nature and length of previous experience: at least 3 years and maximum 7 years
Age Range: 30 - 50
Gender Preference: female
Language Fluency: English
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering