Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for a Principal Hydraulic Modelling Engineer based in Saudi Arab. The successful candidate responsible to review and approve the drainage, civil and electromechanical designs will rely on his feedback, outputs and findings and act as a key contact point with modelling team from the design consultant side.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
- Review and approve the hydrology and hydraulic modelling simulations to be submitted by the design consultant.
- Closely coordinate the submitted modelling simulations with the project team including the senior drainage engineer, senior civil engineer, senior electromechanical engineer and utility engineer.
How will you know when you are successful in this role?
- Client satisfaction – No adverse comments from the client side.
- Deliver the scope of services identified under the RFP.
- PD satisfaction.
- Good relationship with the design consultant team.
- No conflicts with the project team.
- A degree educated with BSc Degree in Civil Engineering, preferably in the Water and Hydraulic Division.
- Minimum 15 years design experience in well-known international firms.
- Strong experience in storm water drainage modelling simulation.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.