Job description / Role
The Principal Industrial Planner is responsible for all urban planning aspects associated with managing the ongoing development of the City’s existing and proposed Industrial Areas.
This position is also responsible for analyzing the need for all associated City wide facilities required to support and facilitate the immediate and long term growth of the City’s Industrial Area, including but not limited to, housing, commercial, educational and recreational needs etc.
Reports directly to the Urban Planning Director and the Urban Planning Manager (SAPL) .
Will be required to interface with concerned Sections and Departments of the Royal Commission and Parsons Leadership
• Works with interdisciplinary departments of the Royal Commission to assess opportunities in the City for industrial land uses (including and beyond industrial petrochemical and energy intensive industries) in order to update and manage the Master Plan, Cluster Plans and Industrial Initiatives.
• Develops business cases for new City/expansion in alignment with approved RCY’s vision and strategy.
• Performs necessary research into industrial clusters and provides specialist insight towards the further development of industrial clusters accordingly.
• Analyses potential industrial cluster opportunities and their impact, taking into consideration the Royal Commission's objectives, strategic plan and City needs.
• Updating of goals, objectives and policies with respect to Industries; coordinates with various stakeholders/ tenants/ investors in order to obtain the necessary feedback to refine industrial cluster plans and objectives.
• Works with current and expected future products as feedstock for future industrial clusters and to review other related information in order to assess any potential opportunities in the development of new opportunities.
• Conducts cluster development feasibility studies and utilizes findings as a basis for future industrial cluster planning.
• Evaluates and prepares situational analyses to determine strategic industrial opportunities and threats towards achieving the RCY’s strategic direction for Yanbu.
• Monitors and prepares reports on the growth and development of the industrial cluster plans under implementation, and provides the input on feedback in order to rectify deviations.
• Supervises and organizes the Industrial Team (Master Planning Section) to implement detailed work plans in order to accomplish the RCY’s desired industrial objectives and outcomes.
• Analysis of industrial land uses and clusters in the context of global, national, and regional industries, to include analysis of past trends, existing conditions and forecasts of future development on a sub-regional and local basis.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or related discipline. Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in Industrial/Cluster Planning, with an emphasis on petrochemical/ energy-intensive industries and treading industries typical of an Industrial City. A Master’s Degree in Urban Planning from an accredited institution is preferred.
International experience is desired. Responsible for overall Industrial program in terms of accomplishing the planning requirements of an Industrial City in a senior management capacity. Must be able to plan, develop, co-ordinate and direct the total work through to completion.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, and capable of independent report production.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision form Management.
• Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Ability to present and articulate complex industrial initiatives/designs along with urban/industrial planning solutions to senior RCY management, government departments and external working groups.
• Experienced in working with other members of multidisciplinary planning and design teams.
Candidates must have strong Heavy Industrial experience to be considered.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.