Job description / Role
In charge of overall design management, project management and delivery of multiple A/E design projects. Acts as owner’s representative and insures that the owner’s quality, cost and project schedule goals are achieved. Manages design consultants and coordinates with local jurisdictional agencies and owner’s internal design review departments.
Receives administrative direction on assigned projects in terms of specific objectives. Frequently interfaces with important stakeholders. Supervises and manages A/E consultant and their contracts.
Major Activities Performed
• Provides technical support to project management across all disciplines to coordinate the development and implementation of the engineering portions of assigned projects.
• Plans and schedules work, and, as applicable, determines work load and assignments of group. Provides leadership and direction to team by out-lining methods of approach and indicating critical areas and priorities to meet established deadlines.
• Provides architectural input to all projects and programs. Coordinates architectural activities with activities of other disciplines.
• Assists in coordinating the compilation of technical portions of Requests for Proposal (RFP) for both the design and construction portions of assigned projects. Analyzes data pertaining to client requirements to assist in the definition of technical aspects of detailed scope of work.
• Coordinates with engineering the development of design specifications, and ensure adequate information is provided for clarity of interpretation of required scope of work.
• Participates in the technical evaluation of potential bidders for contracts on assigned projects, and in recommending shortlists of qualified contractors. Coordinates the technical analysis and evaluation of bids proposed.
• Participates in final negotiations to determine final terms of contracts. Assists Project Managers in compiling technical portions of definitive contracts.
• Monitors technical progress of A/E contractor. Coordinates the review of design drawings, specifications, manuals, shop drawings, vendor data, calculations and other technical information submitted by A/E construction contractor for all phases of contract.
• Provides requested technical information to A/E or construction contractor regarding interpretation of specifications, and other technical guidance as required. Requests technical information or clarification of submitted data from A/E construction contractor as required.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of Senior Project Engineers and other personnel assigned to him.
• Perform review of A/E consultant’s design submittals.
Experience and Qualifications
• A recognized western university degree in Architecture (B.Arch.) with minimum 15 years’ post-graduate professional experience. Design experience related to large scale community development with emphasis on site development is desirable.
• Professional/Chartered registration as an Architect is required.
• LEED certification is preferred.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• A proven record of technical and administrative ability in projects & design management.
• Specific technical qualifications for the requisitioned position are identified below:
- In depth working knowledge of US Architectural and Building Codes.
- Extensive experience leading design teams on complex large scale building projects.
- Extensive experience with indoor finishes and materials for commercial and Public buildings.
- BIM experience is desirable.
• PMP or equivalent is preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.