Job description / Role
Top/Senior level/role of projects management. Normally reserved for group of section supervisor or staff and technical consultant on major complex projects. Provides technical support to the Engineering Department across all disciplines to coordinate the development and implementation of the engineering portions of assigned projects.
Receives administrative direction on assigned projects in terms of specific objectives from Manager Engineering Projects with work being reviewed for adherence to scope of work. Frequent interfaces with AE Consultants, Management and other departments. Supervises and coordinate activities of Project Engineering and other personnel assigned to him.
Major Activities Performed
• Assists in coordinating the compilation of technical portions of Requests for Proposal (RFP) for both the design and construction portions of assigned projects. Analyzes data pertaining to client requirements to assist in the definition of technical aspects of detailed scope of work.
• Coordinate with Engineering the development of design specifications, and ensure adequate information is provided for clarity of interpretation of required scope of work.
• Participates in the technical evaluation of potential bidders for contracts on assigned projects, and in recommending shortlists of qualified contractors. Coordinates the technical analysis and evaluation of bids proposed.
• Assist in compiling technical portions of definitive contracts.
• Monitors technical progress of A/E contractor. Coordinate the review of design drawings, specifications, manuals, shop drawings, vendor data, calculations and other technical information submitted by A/E construction contractor for all phases of contract.
• Provide requested technical information to A/E or construction contractor regarding interpretation of specifications, and other technical guidance as required. Requests technical information or clarification of submitted data from A/E construction contractor as required.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of Project Engineers and other personnel assigned to him.
• Prepare report and presentations on assigned projects.
• Manages A/E consultant’s contracts and task orders.
Experience and Qualifications
• BS Degree in Engineering from accredited university with 12 to 15 years of directly related experience.
• Professional Engineer license (PE/CEng).
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Computer literate in industry standard software for project management and control as well as knowledge of CAD and applicable engineering software.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.