Job description / Role
Atkins Middle East office is seeking a Principal or Associate Waste Management Consultant to play a key role in the Atkins Waste & Resource Management business. You will be responsible for leading and developing an established team, and winning and delivering work. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to further establish their career in the waste industry. The successful applicant should be stimulated by fresh challenges and have a desire to lead others. The applicant should have full membership of the Chartered Institute of Wastes Management or similar institute and ideally, have experience of working internationally and be willing to travel.
- The role will require the candidate to lead the existing team and deliver technically excellent solutions for our clients.
- The successful candidate will lead and support on technical, practical and theoretical aspects of waste projects for both public and private sector clients in the Middle East and internationally. This will include, but not be limited to, waste strategies and strategy implementation, business planning, waste modelling and data analysis, legislative compliance, designing and planning waste management systems, waste audits and input into large waste infrastructure and masterplanning projects.
- The candidate will be required to lead projects, support business development and engage with clients, confidently responding to technical and financial queries.
- The candidate will have graduated with an Honours or Masters Degree in a relevant discipline and have strong experience in the waste management industry, in areas such as treatment technologies, waste planning and legislation, they should also be up to date with the current issues in the waste management sector.
- Have a detailed knowledge, of the waste management industry.
- Be capable of working both independently and within project teams.
- Have strong problem-solving skills and communication skills.
- Be highly numerate and literate and have strong report writing and analytical skills.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of relevant codes of practice and legislation applicable to the waste management industry.
- Have highly detailed knowledge of solid waste treatment and management systems (including but not limited to: waste to energy, composting, advanced thermal treatment, recycling and landfilling).
- Ideally understand the carbon impacts associated with the waste industry and be able to analyse associated data.
- Ideally have experience of working overseas, particularly in the Middle East and Africa.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Flexible and prepared to take on new challenges.
- Willing to travel in both the Middle East and internationally.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).