Job description / Role
At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment, and services.
We are looking for an Electrical Safety Engineer with significant HV substation and transmission industry experience to join the engineering team based either in our Dharan, Saudi Arabia office on a staff basis, reporting to the Manager of Electrical Engineering EMEA.
Air Products is developing and building the world’s largest green ammonia project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to sustainably supply carbon-free green hydrogen for transportation globally. The new facility will be powered by renewable power from solar panels and a large onshore wind farm. The successful candidate will act as Air Products’ primary technical contact with the EPC’s on this mega project, for the implementation of the Electrical Safety requirements for the facilities.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
As an Electrical Safety Engineer, you will:
• Review and evaluate EPC proposals against project specifications and participate in technical clarification meetings to ensure EPC offerings and equipment selections meet project operational and safety requirements.
• Identify technical risks and develop an effective technical risk mitigation plan
• Participate in targeted engineering design reviews with the OEM to support execution of the technical risk mitigation plan (as appropriate)
• Review key technical drawings to ensure electrical operational and maintenance needs are accounted for.
• Participate in SAFOP (Safety and Operability) studies, to demonstrate the safety and integrity of the facilities for design for construction and operation.
The SAFOP process shall follow a systematic approach to:
a) review the safety and operability of the design of the electrical installation from a technical, maintenance and operational perspective.
b) assess and minimize types of potential hazard presented to personnel near electrical installations.
c) Provide a critical review of both network design and plant to be installed; and assess any limitations and their effects on both operability and security of the overall system.
d) Analyze tasks set for operators, assess facilities and instructions provided to undertake these tasks and recommend measures to avoid operator error.
The SAFOP study shall be carried out during early design as soon as the key-line-diagrams, protection block diagrams, single line diagrams are available. The Contractor shall perform the SAFOP study once electrical design review is completed and major action items are closed.
Three complete studies are required to achieve the above-mentioned objectives:
• SAFAN – Safety Analysis: which examines the hazards always present in construction, commissioning and operation of high voltage electrical installations and consider them in relation to safety of personnel who are to operate, work or even near overhead lines and substations being engineered under a project.
• SYSOP – Security and Operability Analysis: This review is required to ensure that adequate standards are followed for the design of overall network and also assesses the security of supply provided to different user groups from the high voltage system.
• OPTAN – Operator Task Analysis: An OPTAN looks at probable tasks to be undertaken by both control room and field operators during normal and abnormal conditions. It assesses usability of equipment to be provided and reviews instructions necessary to prevent human error as far as reasonably economic and practicable.
• International travel to EPC’s (and their sub-suppliers) and to the site location is expected at appropriate times throughout the project delivery
To be successful as an Electrical Safety Engineer, you will have:
• Minimum of degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering (or related)
• Chartered Engineer (CEng) or European Engineer (EurIng) status
• Strong experience in HV (380kV) and MV substation and overhead transmission line development and project delivery and working with the world’s leading electrical engineering suppliers.
• Working knowledge of applicable industry standards including the IEC series
• Experience with large scale power distribution, transmission and storage facilities
• Experience with electrical installations in hot and dusty/sandy environments would be beneficial (implications for high temperature power de-rating, enhanced sealing, cooling systems, corrosion and erosion protection etc.)
• Experience with large scale wind farm and solar farms would be beneficial
• A self-starter motivated by technical challenge and creating innovative solutions
What We Offer:
In return, we offer competitive rates and a working environment that thrives on a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Electrical Engineer (Consultancy Background)
Big Fish Recruitment
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||30 Aug|
Electrical Engineer - ELV / CCTV / Security Systems