Process Engineer - Steam Cracker (Olefins)
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer with experience in in steam cracking (Olefins) processes to join our Global Manufacturing Excellence organization under the Downstream Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD).
GMSD's technical team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing the required high-quality technical support to GM operating facilities (Refineries, NGLF, and petrochemical plants) inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & across the globe.
Your primary role will be to provide process engineering, operations and technical expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement and value creation programs for Olefins processes, including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, Olefins technology knowledge management and exchange, and drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Review and monitor the performances of existing Olefins manufacturing facilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the process plant's optimum operability, profitability, reliability, energy efficiency and process safety etc.
- Issue quarterly Olefins process unit performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations.
- Monitor and support the facilities in implementing the recommendations and closing the gaps identified in the quarterly performance benchmarking reports.
- Perform in-depth plant monitoring and optimize performance of Olefins producing units by overseeing unit's operation and economics losses.
- Conduct benchmarking and best practices exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates) having Olefins process technologies.
- Provide on-demand remote and/or field technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities on matters concerning the operation of Olefins plants which may include but not limited to process troubleshooting, start-up and shutdown activities, capacity test runs, technology pilot testing, and process design improvements. Issue service report for every support activity provided highlighting the facilities need, actions taken, results, and lessons learned.
- Conduct internal assessments on Olefins process using Saudi Aramco engineering standard references. Highlight any deviations or better standards applied by affiliates for endorsement to facility management or Saudi Aramco Central Engineering
- Act as the overall coordinator for cascading and driving Global Manufacturing and Corporate programs to the Olefins producing operating facilities for execution and effective monitoring.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of technology developments in Olefins production plants. Perform evaluation and approval of technology developments to Central Engineering and facilitate field deployment.
- Perform specific tasks such as, but not limited to catalyst forecast/ evaluation, test runs, de-bottlenecking studies, due-diligence assessment, enhancement studies, HAZOP studies.
- Perform process parameters gap analysis and benchmarking among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates having Olefins process technologies to capture and effectively share best practices, lesson learned, areas for improvements, and technical recommendations.
- Perform benchmarking and best practices technical exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates) having Olefins producing process technologies. Execution and deliverables of the workshops will be based on Benchmarking & Best Practices Exchange Agreement among Global Manufacturing facilities.
You must have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialization. An advanced degree is preferred.
You should have a minimum of 15 years' experience within a refinery or petrochemical process unit (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years' experience in handling Olefins plants.
Exposure to different Olefins process licensor technologies is preferred.
You should be able to demonstrate strong mentorship skills with the ability and drive to guide the development of junior engineers that you will interact with.
Familiarity and an understanding of the best practices, design principles, international engineering standards and specifications relevant to operation of the concerned process units is required.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.