Job description / Role
About the Position:
- To improve the safety of operations at Sipchem by identifying risks, designing compliant processes and eliminating any issues.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Participate in and/or lead risk assessments and hazard studies across processes and facilities at Sipchem.
- Establish processes improve the safety standards and decrease the hazardous risks.
- Identify unsafe conditions or actions and develop action plans to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Work with relevant teams to complete projects and process-engineering activities that enhance process safety
- Develop programs to raise awareness on related safety legislation, across operations
- Ensure compliance of employees and any third parties with engineering principles, regulatory and environmental standards.
- Assist with any incident investigations where applicable
- Participate in the necessary measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of any assigned loss prevention programs or procedures developed or modifications necessary to achieve optimal results
- Review technological developments and equipment to keep up-to-date on the devices and techniques designed to eliminate or minimize hazards and determine whether these developments and techniques have application in Sipchem.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' of relevant experience
- Must be a degree on Chemical Engineering with 5-7 years experience in Process Safety Management of Petrochemical Oil & Gas
- Preferred to have certification in process safety management like CSP, NEBOSH, CPSE
- Preferred to have HAZOP Leader Certifications
- Indepth knowledge of LOPA, SIL, HAZID HAZOP, WHAT if, FTA ETA studies ETC and have lead executed similar studies accordingly
- Have lead major process safety incidents investigations
- Certified PHA Leader
- Strong Petrochemical Operations and process background
- Development and monitoring of process safety KPI’s and integrating PSMM with core business requirements.
- PHA Software expertise like PHA Pro or HAZOP Manager
- Hand on Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Construction Safety Specialist
|Kuwait City||20 May|