Job description / Role
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare invitation-of-bid forms and mail forms to supplier firms or distribute forms for public posting.
- Approve bills for payment.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Monitor contractor performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes.
- Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
- Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality.
- Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier referencing study.
- Define and maintain documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
- Develop, implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliance in all the procurement transactions.
- Adopt appropriate supplier management methodologies and procurement strategies in purchasing to secure better prices.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering .Preferable with additional degree in Supply chain management.
- Proven working experience as a procurement Engineer in same field above in Saudi Arabia in substations or industrial field or power plant field
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a skill in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Candidate must have Transferable Iqama.
About the Company
Al Toukhi is a leading engineering, procurement and construction company based in Saudi Arabia., Al Toukhi Co. for Industry, Trading & Contracting is the legal heir of Al Toukhi EST. for Industry& Trading which was established by Eng. Mohammad M. Al Toukhi in 14/09/1392H. 1972 as the Al Toukhi Establishment for Industry and Trading with the business of installation of transmission lines, and registered in 1993 as a limited liability company, today we are a large, diverse, and highly experienced organization with 1,400 employees
Al Toukhi Company specializes in building power stations with various technologies and fuels, sub-stations, overhead and underground transmission lines and distribution networks of all voltage ranges including extra high voltage. Our expertise also includes oil & gas and industrial facilities, turbine inlet air cooling projects and district cooling, including cooling water purification.
To date, we have completed more than 80 major electro-mechanical projects on lump sum turnkey basis.
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Swisslinx Middle East
Electrical Sales Engineer
Electrical Production Engineer - Male - Saudi National