Job description / Role
Client is one of the Leading Industrial contracting companies in Saudi Arabia.
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the procurement functions of the construction, Fabrication, Operations & Maintenance and other departments covering equipment, spare parts, materials and supplies both in the Kingdom and abroad in petrochemical & oil, gas & other process industries. Negotiates with sub-contractors of labor in Kingdom on sub-contract terms and conditions.
• Supervises the activities of assigned personnel in the Purchasing Department. Performs supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by Management for the position.
• Supervises all local purchasing activities for the Company. Prepares or reviews local purchase orders, checking approval authority and obtaining higher level approval if necessary and coordinates with the Accounting Department as required.
• Supervises and coordinates the purchase overseas of all required materials and supplies. Includes reviewing purchase orders, verifying authority levels, checking specifications and referring for higher approval if necessary.
• Provides the Estimation Department with material costs and delivery schedules at the project bidding stage and ensures timely delivery of the same to site after project award.
• Arab National (Saudi preferably)
• At least five years material/equipment purchasing & expediting, contracting and related experience in similar industry is required. Advanced knowledge of procurement/ vendor inspection techniques & requirements, ISO procedures, accounting, financial management and business contract law is required. Working knowledge of computers in procurement and administration is necessary.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential, preferably with a good knowledge of Arabic.
• Driving license.
• 10+ years of experience.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Procurement & Inventory Manager
Procurement Manager / Director
|Saudi Arabia||8 Jun|
Procurement Manager / Category Manager
A Leading Manufacturing Company In The UAE
Procurement Manager - Head Office
Bin Eid Executive Search and Selection
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar