Job description / Role
Purpose of the job.
• The Procurement Officer is responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in the purchase of goods, spares, equipment, repairs and services to meet the company’s requirement.
• This will involve extensive research of the marketplace to select the most cost-effective purchasing alternatives, whilst ensuring high standards of quality.
Reporting line: The Procurement Officer will report to the Finance Manager
Scope of the job
• Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee
• Through full utilization of SAP ensures the timely purchase, customs clearance & delivery of plant parts, materials and consumables in cooperation with the end users of the company.
• The key accountabilities. encompass; Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Management
• Committed to ensuring a safe working environment for colleagues and contractor staff
• Monitors contractor compliance to HSE Policy and procedures
• Points out any unsafe conditions or unsafe act to the HSE Security officer.
• Contributes to the achievement of safety and environmental objectives by providing leadership in the areas of safe working practices and housekeeping.
• Emergency planning and preparation
• Cleanliness and safety of operational areas;
SAR 13,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Develop and ensure compliance with corporate procurement policy including
• Procurement policy
• General Terms and Conditions of Supplies and Services
• Tendering Procedure
• Vendor assessment procedure
• Store procedures
• Procures both goods and services in line with company approved policy and procedures
• Process purchase requisitions to authorization.
• Translate purchase requisitions into Purchase Orders – ensuring that terms and conditions are company standard unless a deviation is approved.
• Ensure that all documentation related to import is handled in a speedy and efficient manner.
• Liaise with customs clearance agent if required
• Record delivery of items purchased.
• Provide delivery documentation to finance for invoice clearance
• Follow up any damages or shortages in deliveries
• Researches the industry and global markets for suitable vendors to supply goods and services
• Evaluates vendors to include as a registered vendor
• Supports development of technical specifications / scope of work for the tendering process and purchase requisitions
• Supports execution of contracts and monitors contractor performance
• Monitor and reports progress against KPI targets
• Maintains purchasing records and archives in auditable form
• Supports the development and fully utilizes the Maximo electronic stores and purchasing system
• Supporting the shipping requirements of the company, including the timely clearance of imported goods under the system.
• Procurement Planning
• Analyses the industry and the market place to source and develop the capabilities of key vendors.
• Sets supply goals and timelines for each product (service) and vendor
• Follows up to ensure deliveries are received on time according to the company demand and PO date and passes the information to logistics and warehouse
• Research vendor’s strengths and potential for development and educate vendors on company current and potential future needs and projected future needs
• Sets goals and objectives for key vendors. Collaborates to ensure vendors develop their business in a way that meets the company long-term requirements and will deliver superior value to the project.
• Pursues and supports vendors and stakeholders to achieve objectives.
Audit and Control
• Supports audits of the companies and liaises with auditors and the Internal Control officers when required.
• Compliance with all relevant applicable laws, directives and project documents:
• Compliance with the appropriate corporate policies and procedures and
• Compliance with corporate internal controls
• Supports development of Localization within the team
• Engages in performance management processes by suggesting and agreeing objectives and meeting targets.
• Provides support to individual’s in achieving the set targets whenever necessary
• Engages in site, Regional and Corporate initiatives
• Actively involved as a team member contributing to the general motivation of colleagues and team values
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators
• Procurement of goods and services on time and to meet quality standards
• Good contractor performance
• Compliance to policy and procedure
• Meeting internal control and ethics standards
• Full utilization of SAP
• Meeting stakeholder expectations
• Supports Localization
• Supports achievement / Maintenance of ISO Standards
Dimensions of Job
The Job Holder makes decisions within clearly defined parameters and company objectives under the guidance of the Finance Manager of the company.
Key Relationships Internal
• Communication of the departmental issues with the Supply Manager
• Daily coordination and cooperation with the other departments for routine procurement and emergency activities
• Daily coordination with stores staff
• Daily communication with suppliers/contractors/sub-contractors for the smooth functioning of the department
Essential Educational Qualifications
• Degree in Engineering discipline with 5 years of Procurement experience in Power and water industry or industrial organization. Experience working for an international company is preferred
• Hands on experience of ERP systems such as SAP
• Application based knowledge of MS Office
• Experience in KSA
Knowledge and Skills
• Establishing and evaluating suppliers
• Knowledge of local and international markets
• Knowledge of procurement procedures and contract management
• Possesses full knowledge of contract management and legal terminologies
• Hones and demonstrating the highest ethical integrity
• Able to take initiatives and implement changes
• Excellent Negotiator
• Excellent organization skills
• Able to efficiently lead a team
• Willingness to contribute beyond its function
• Customer oriented
• Understanding of local and international trade legislation
• Knowledge of hiring contract labor
• Knowledge of company HSE rules
• Knowledge and experience of related computer applications
• Managing emergency purchases
• Good command of the English language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of management and employees
• Strong analytical skills
• A good listener with the ability to provide constructive feedback.
• Fair and consistent in dealing with people
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
• Generate ideas and solutions to overcome problems and improve performance
• Builds relationships with key stakeholders
• Promotes team working with colleagues to maximize performance
• Clear and confident communicator
• Commitment to delivering results.
About the Company
At Candidate we pride ourselves in not only being a team of recruiters but possessing extensive industry experience across our key verticals, which allows us to search and select the right calibre of resource for our clients. With our offices in the UK and Dubai, UAE we have the exposure to the right network which helps us focus on building a portfolio of clients and candidates across our key sectors:
Financial Services FinTech Legal Cyber Healthcare Digital
We like to see ourselves as more than a typical recruitment consultancy. For instance we offer the core services of placing the right candidate for our clients and retained recruitment, in addition to consultancy to advise and build out a client’s needs. Supplying contract resource is an area we are building out to provide further options to our client base. Lastly training is a key focus, as a result of our partnership with Forte Markets we have access to a depth of content and expertise, across our key verticals, rarely seen with a recruiter.