Job description / Role
Job Title: Project Control Manager
Department: Project Control Office
Location: ITC Riyadh
Reporting to: Project Manager/Deputy Project Manager
Responsible for: Sr. Planners, Contracts Manager, QA/QC Manager, Risk Manager, Sr. Document Controller, HSSE Specialist, Senior Quantity Surveyor
The Project Control Manager holds the responsibility for setting, implementing, reporting, monitoring, and management of all program control procedures, indicators, dashboards, reports, for the entire project and from all departments in addition to on-going relationship with client representatives and contractors. The Project Control Manager is responsible for managing the PCM team, as well as delegating tasks accordingly.
- Studying and understanding all relevant projects documents and conditions, establishing and defining job orientated project control procedures and reporting requirements.
- Defining primary job objectives clearly at project and departmental management levels by highlighting schedule and cost requirements.
- Organizing leading the project control team.
- Establishing and implementing document management and control processes throughout the PMC.
- Ensuring the maintenance of both time and cost trend performance indicators and statistics.
- Analyzing and comparing both schedule and cost information and relating conclusions such that management control action is alerted at the right time.
- Reviewing overall job status with cost/planning engineers and management and recommending corrective action where necessary.
- Reviewing actual progress against planned progress, particularly with regard to manpower levels, productivity, performance metrics and payment.
- Liaising with other departments at all meetings relative to project operations, to ensure that information affecting schedule and cost is continually up-dated.
- Coordination of the final job statistics and analysis of the effectiveness of procedures for possible improvement on future projects.
- Supervises and develops all control reports such as Monthly Reports or any other required report necessary for the Program.
- Providing feedback on key project issues to Department Management team on a timely basis.
- Lead all risk and issues management efforts.
- Identifies contingencies of time, cost and performance and advises Technical and Construction managers accordingly.
- Provides “what if” modeling capacity at the required levels to service risk management and change management.
- Builds close relationship with Contractors to ensure PMC project controls are soundly based and to enhance PMC’s influence.
- Monitors all PMC deliverables to be on time and complete and ensures teams leaders are notified
- Ahead of time for any potential delay in any of the deliverables.
Person Specification – Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering from an internationally recognized university.
- To be successful at this role, you should have not less than 20 years of experience in planning, progress measurement, cost control, change management and document control on all project phases from front end design through to construction completion.
- You should have excellent communication skills and a pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done.
About the Company
ITALCONSULT is an Italian engineering consulting company established in Rome in 1957 by the largest industrial groups of that time for giving evidence throughout the world of the Italian know-how and capacity to perform engineering.
From December 2012, the Company has a new share structure formed by Bevilacqua Engineering Group, actively operating in Italy in the sector of public and private transport infrastructure (with construction costs amounting to more than 12 billion US$ in the last ten years) through the Companies SIS S.p.A. Studio di Ingegneria Stradale and A&S, Autostrade e Strade Engineering S.p.A., now merged into ITALCONSULT, and two groups representatives of the Italian excellence in the economic and financial fields: Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., one of the biggest Italian bank very active in supporting infrastructure investments and also in foreign activities (countries of Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Northern Africa), and Tecnoinvestimenti Srl, belonging to the Italian Chambers of Commerce through TECNOHOLDING S.p.A., enjoying their own national and international network able to foster investment initiatives and programmes as well as to activate bilateral technical-commercial agreements.