Job description / Role
• Develops, establishes, and maintains all aspects of the cost control effort and the planning/scheduling effort on one or more of the larger, more complex and demanding projects.
• The Project Controller utilizes his/her broad experience, expertise, and is involved in a large variety of Roads & Highways projects and clients.
• Close monitoring of works with Principal Schedulers.
• A close relationship is maintained with clients, Projects Management Engineers and Technical Planning.
Major Activities Performed:
• Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult and complex project control problems.
• Interfaces with clients, attends regular meetings, and provides statistical reports.
• Provides project and company management with the necessary tools for project cost control.
May lead in the:
• Development of the work breakdown structure, interfacing with all affected departments.
• Analysis, evaluation, forecast, and reporting of schedule status against an established baseline
• Analysis, evaluation, and forecast project costs and performance.
• Coordinates staffing requirements, assigns and supervises project work activities, and trains personnel.
• Completes performance reviews and provides personnel development for the assigned employees.
• Accumulates and accesses historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
• May lead a staff qualified to assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Develops or maintains an established system to show the hierarchy of plans and schedules;
• Keeps project and company management fully informed.
• Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
• B.Sc. Degree in Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years in project controls, planning, and scheduling.
• Primavera P 6 and MS Project
• Requires experience in schedule and cost control of Roads & Highways projects in all phase of the project deliver: studies, FEED and detailed design.
• Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have the potential to perform in a lead capacity, as well as familiarity with industry practices.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).
Planner/Asst. Project Manager
Project Control Manager
|Saudi Arabia||2 Jul|
Project Controls Manager
Construction Planning Manager
Project Controls Manager
Swisslinx Middle East