Job description / Role
Please note candidates with transferable iqamas will be considered.
Position: Reporting to
- Projects Controls Manager CEO/ General Manager
- Oversees project controls for engineering and construction projects and responsible for planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review.
- Manage the preparation of the master programme for the projects and portfolios.
- Manage the Projects Controls requirements of the scope and Development of the Projects Controls Strategy in accordance with the Head of Enterprise PMO,
- Interface with the project management teams and all key stakeholders.
- Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple Projects.
- Manage the weekly and monthly progress report protocols / templates for progress reporting and monitoring progress against it.
- Establishment of earned value management guidance and tools for projects performance monitoring and reporting,
- Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports/presentations.
- Assisting in establishing / delivering formal reporting arrangements on projects progress and project in accordance with the organizational requirements.
- Prepare project advice for any site progress / planning concern that may impact site progress.
- Prepare and manage the escalation report and early warnings.
- Overseeing the preparation of risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Ensure and manage effective information and document transfer at all levels
- Establishing the document coding structure for all documents.
- Manage and develop the document control system and communication flow for the projects.
- Ensure procurement, material and submittal logs are created and maintained.
- Manage and identify long lead items.
- Reviewing contract documents, suggesting changes for planning and programming aspects and the addition of new clauses if necessary.
- Manage the design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements.
- Arrange and manage planning workshops/meetings to discuss and assist sub-contractors / consultants to close their planning / project control issues.
- Manage the set-up of Primavera Project and Portfolio Management System.
- Manage and review construction programmes received from Projects and analyze them in line with the contractual requirements.
- Preparing design programs for projects under design and guideline programs for projects to be started / under-progress.
- Provide assistance and advice in the management of claims and disputes,
- Prepare claim and counter- claim register including "cause and effect" of all events in claims logs,
- Review delay and disruption analysis in response to sub-contractors' claims,
- Making recommendations for possible acceleration,
- Challenge rejection of any claims and EOT requests, prepare recommendation reports as required
- Perform other related duties as required
- Comply with IT department Cyber Security Strategy
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering / Construction / equivalent 10 years comparable experience and at least 3 years' experience in the Middle East, preferably KSA;
- Knowledge of current cost, schedule, and document control software (ex: Oracle P6, Excel, Prism, SAP, and SharePoint)
- Strong experience in PCM of major projects;
- Preferably with experience of healthcare and real estate development;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills
Certification / Diploma (Preferred)
Skills / Competency Level Required
Skill / Competency
- HRIS / IT
- MS Office
- Training Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Employee Relations
- Familiarity with Labor Laws
- Proficiency in Written and spoken skills in English
- Proficiency in Arabic language
- Decision making
- Knowledge of construction industry
- SAR 20,000 Per Month + Family Status Flights & Medical
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Project Controls / Planning Manager - Airport
|Saudi Arabia||15 Oct|
Project Controls Manager
Opus Recruit Middle East
Project Control Manager
A Leading Group In Saudi Arabia
Project Controls / Planning Manager - Airport