Job description / Role
Due to the continued success of our Saudi Arabia office, Rider Levett Bucknall iscurrently seeking a Project Controls Manager to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity for high calibre individuals to join and strengthen the commercial section of the Project Management Division. A background in a tier 1 PMC is essential as successful candidates will be also expected to contribute to the on-going success of the team by spotting and pursuing new opportunities to grow the business.
Must have demonstrable experience of having been employed as a Project Controls Manager for a minimum of 5 years. Proven tact and diplomacy in dealings with client organizations in the Middle East is essential. This will be an extremely rewarding role working for a company with excellent growth plans in the Middle East. The Project comprises a high-end mixed-use portfolio of projects on a single master plan located in Riyadh, KSA comprising leisure and entertainment, residential and infrastructure assets. This commission will require a 6-day working week.
• Function that provides performance reporting, change control and risk management, enabling projects to focus on delivery
• Responsible for all program processes and procedures
• Recommendation of IT systems to suit the processes
• Provision of training to delivery teams and monitoring of adherence to project controls
• Creates, manages and implements an effective document management system for the storage, retrieval and use of all documents
• Maintains document storage aligns to policy and procedures for the organisation and meets contractual obligations
• Timely and accurate reporting
• Accuracy of reporting
• Accurate cost and schedule data to facilitate informed decisions
• Providing financial reporting, schedule and critical path analysis
• Sets standards for determining programme progress against benchmarking and KPIs with Quality Manager
• Responsible for determining and managing the IT platform & toolset and ensuring compliance and use
• Accountable for producing the monthly report; ad-hoc reports and dashboard reports if appropriate
• Manages production of the Project Execution Plans
• Establishes procedures for continuous improvement and learning and amends the Project Execution Plans as appropriate with delivery teams
• Sets and drives the reporting procedures and processes across the program
• Produce project performance reports with accurate cost & schedule data on a monthly basis
• Develop Project Controls process to collect and analyse data in a consistent manner
• Analyse progress reported against cost and schedule
• Contributes to the establishment of KPI metrics for programme performance and measurement
• Establishing and monitoring the risk and opportunity management process
• Establishing and leading the change control process
• Establishing and leading the document management & control process
• Responsible for reporting performance variance against the plan and recommending corrective actions
• Effective co-ordination and integration of all the programme delivery with the delivery teams
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role. They will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Degree in Project Management, Construction Management or an Engineering discipline is essential
• Full membership of a Professional Body (RICS/CIOB/APM) is desirable.
• A minimum of 15 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a consultancy or end user client.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Controls Manager including the most recent employment history.
• Middle East experience is essential.
• Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB KSA
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
• Must be a self-starter as this role is a stand-alone position, as the only planner on the project
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
• Western educated candidates preferred
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.