Job description / Role
Job Purpose & Scope:
Providing support to the corporate Manager of Planning and Proposals group within the Project Controls Department. Implements, administers and maintains cost control system and procedures to track project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts for all projects
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assists in carrying-out contract functions
- Carries out simple studies & presentation
- Understands cost economics
- Becomes familiar in preparing Budget Brief
- Prepares cash flow and total cost forecast
- Participates in training course preparation & presentation
- Carry-out special studies, presentation & training
- Prepares monthly cost reports
- Understands P&S techniques, methods & applications
- Assists in the preparation and review of cost estimates;
- Develops reporting tracking tools and generates cost reports on regular basis including evaluation of earned value;
- Coordinates the Change Management process for the project;
- Builds intricate spreadsheets to enable fast and accurate data manipulation of large datasets;
- Extracts data from several sources, transforming it to fit operational needs;
- Reconciles data to ensure complete accuracy and creates a clean audit trail
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Regular interactions with Project Manager/ Project Controls manager.
- Engineering disciplines, Quality and Procurement Functions
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; know when to seek advice.
- Relevant degree or appropriate experience
- Site construction experience would be advantageous
- A proven track record in FEED and EPC phases of refinery, oil & gas, petrochemical or similar facilities including revamp projects
- Have a minimum of 7 years' experience,
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels up to top management
- IT/Computer Literacy in particular Microsoft Excel
- Must have worked on large scale infrastructure projects ideally with a minimum of 1 year experience in the MEA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates high standards of integrity, honesty and fairness
- Supports new ways of working
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes :
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).