Job description / Role
The Project Director is responsible for the management of large projects of high complexity, including team management, schedule and cost control, quality management, risk management and client management throughout the design project lifecycle. He may also oversee major programs involving multiple projects in coordination with respective Project Managers. He is accountable for the delivery and regional planning projects in accordance with project budgets and schedules while satisfying all technical and quality projects requirements. While doing so, the jobholder is the main client counterpart and ensures client requirements are handled in a professional manner, while maintaining a positive and reputable company image in all interactions. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the project management space and adopt best project management practices, where applicable.
- Lead the delivery of design and construction management services for PMC programs across the organization, including the management of design and construction consultants and contractors, tracking of design and construction progress, provision of PMO services to clients, etc.
- Oversee the development of program management policies and procedures.
- Provide input on capacity and capability required to deliver PMC projects.
- Coordinate for the estimation of project delivery cost estimates for design staff and supervision staff on MOF projects, respectively.
- Assign Program and Project Senior Managers and PMC staff to the projects.
- Guide the development of program and project plans, including master programs, method statements, procurement plans, submission schedules, project / interface management, etc.
- Oversee the development and deployment of Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) on the projects.
- Ensure the provision of expert advice and training to PMC staff and ensure the provision of contractual and legal counsel to Program Senior Managers and Project Senior Managers on the projects, in coordination with the Contracts Department.
- Monitor progress of all ongoing projects, and provide support to Department Heads, Program Senior Managers and Project Senior Managers, as needed.
- Enforce policies and procedures within the MOF, including quality policies and procedures.
- Ensure the implementation of risk management policies and procedures, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Ensure consistency and high performance of all stakeholders resources.
- Lead and manage the Project teams towards achieving the project plan targets.
- Accountable for the performance of the project managers for all projects.
- Define and implement the projects PMC strategy and business plan.
- Develop and promote the business, oversee delivery, enforce policies and procedures, ensure quality and manage cost, capacity and utilization.
- Develop detailed project budgets for large city and regional planning projects of high complexity or large programs
- Manage project budgets and resource allocation, ensuring the adherence to allocated budgets
- Monitor the adherence of projects compared to budgets
- Identify mitigation actions to major budget overruns and oversee implementation
- Review and consolidate periodic reports to the VP & others in the Executive Committee
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that you will bring a minimum of 25 years' career experience with a B.Sc. engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Has experience in the infrastructure industry and has managed mega projects.
- Has demonstrated an overall knowledge of project planning and execution management.
- Coordinates and directs all functional managers to ensure full compliance with all project requirements.
- Accountable and fully responsible in meeting project objectives and Company directions.
- Has overall responsibility for obtaining the necessary project resources to plan and execute the work.
- Middle East and Saudi experience is must.
- Strong experience and track record in managing large and complex projects
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency in spoken and written English & Arabic is must.
- Solid knowledge in all aspects of project management
- Excellent knowledge of project management software
- Strong budget management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Good understanding of quality control and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).