Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for Project Director for large mixed-use developments in KSA.
- Lead a project management teams in executing our contracted services on mixed-use developments.
- Define the project management strategy and lead the design and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects within the programme.
- Lead the execution of a project management governance, reporting and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organisational programme activity.
- Defining benefits management plans and establishment of performance management tools and key performance indicator reporting aligned with programme strategy.
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects within the programme to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated.
- Identify and define the major strategic issues for the organisation and integrate diverse stakeholder interests with the broader agenda to inform the development and prioritisation of initiatives and to proactively understand and mitigate risks.
- Define governance strategies and organisational policies to enable the strategic coordination of multiple projects and initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of projects.
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assess cross-functional project team capability, provide coaching, training and support to enhance the project/program management capability, and improve collaborative development and project results.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance with the company Integrated Management System.
- Develop organisational breakdown structures and human resourcing requirements including formal routes of reporting and internal team development appraisals.
- Manage the fee commission on behalf of the business including fulfilling technical and scope obligations of the consultancy contract.
- Effective management of internal job costing in relation to the fee and of resource requirements.
- Service delivery to clients and act as primary interface, ensuring Atkins secure the client's confidence.
- Identifying new and innovative project management approaches and tools and embed these in the behaviour and day to day activities of the organisation's operations
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimal requirement of Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Architecture, Civil Engineering) from a reputable University.
- Preference will be granted to those candidates with specific project management accreditation from international Project Management organisations.
- Minimum of 20 years project management experience demonstrating relevant project management experience on large mixed-use developments
- Proven ability to demonstrate the effective delivery of project management duties from initial brief through delivery to final completion.
- Productive supervision of subordinates including adequate planning, monitoring and control
- Ability to manage a team on major/complex programmes/projects.
- Effective team control and building of team spirit/culture.
- Management of resources through collaboration with business leaders.
- Retaining existing clients for further work and securing new clients.
- Ability to represent Atkins at executive level meetings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of overall project management requirements and the ability to advise client's knowledgably on overall project management issues
- Demonstrate effective leadership and high commitment in order to achieve goals
- Excellent communications skills; including report writing and presentation skills
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Get job alerts
Ã— Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Keep up to date with the latest industry news in your market.
Find out what it's really like to work for one of our brands. Be inspired by our career stories and start your career with us.
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).