Job description / Role
Ignite is working with a leading International Project Management Consultancy looking for a Project Director to lead the development of a new city in KSA, the role is based in Riyadh.
- Lead the delivery of design and construction management services for PMC programs across the organization, including the management of design and construction consultants and contractors, tracking of design and construction progress, provision of PMO services to clients, etc.
- Oversee the development of program management policies and procedures.
- Provide input on capacity and capability required to deliver PMC projects.
- Coordinate for the estimation of project delivery cost estimates for design staff and supervision staff on MOF projects, respectively.
- Assign Program and Project Senior Managers and PMC staff to the projects.
- Guide the development of program and project plans, including master programs, method statements, procurement plans, submission schedules, project / interface management, etc.
- Oversee the development and deployment of Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) on the projects.
- Ensure the provision of expert advice and training to PMC staff and ensure the provision of contractual and legal counsel to Program Senior Managers and Project Senior Managers on the projects, in coordination with the Contracts Department.
- Monitor progress of all ongoing projects, and provide support to Department Heads, Program Senior Managers and Project Senior Managers, as needed.
- Ensure the implementation of risk management policies and procedures, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Ensure consistency and high performance of all stakeholders resources.
- Lead and manage the Project teams towards achieving the project plan targets.
- Accountable for the performance of the project managers for all projects.
- Define and implement the projects PMC strategy and business plan.
- Develop detailed project budgets for large city and regional planning projects of high complexity or large programs
- Manage project budgets and resource allocation, ensuring the adherence to allocated budgets
- Monitor the adherence of projects compared to budgets
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 25 years' career experience with a B.Sc. engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Western education is a must.
- Has experience in the infrastructure industry and has managed mega projects.
- Has demonstrated an overall knowledge of project planning and execution management.
- Coordinates and directs all functional managers to ensure full compliance with all project requirements.
- Has overall responsibility for obtaining the necessary project resources to plan and execute the work.
- Middle East and Saudi experience is must.
- Strong experience and track record in managing large and complex projects
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency in spoken and written English
- Solid knowledge in all aspects of project management
- Excellent knowledge of project management software
- Strong budget management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Good understanding of quality control and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.