Job description / Role
Who We Are
At Oracle, we see ourselves as changing the World through our own commitment to customer success, as well as by enabling our customers achieve their vision. This can range from finding cures for Covid 19, to supporting refugees and children in need, and enabling companies deliver transportation and logistics services to the World. Our long established technology as well as our research into new ones are helping solve real World problems, and we are looking for more colleagues to join us.
We believe that different points of view are essential for innovation and we will offer you the chance to be part of an inclusive culture where individuality thrives. We also see sustainability as a core value of ours, as we run our business responsibly and continue to invest in environmentally friendly business practices, and also aim for building sustainable relationships both internally with our colleagues and externally with our customers and the communities we are part of.
What Does Oracle's Consulting Organisation Do?
Our mission is to to be a catalyst for Oracle's customer success. We want to help our clients realize the maximum value of their Oracle Cloud solutions. We help unlock the full potential of Oracle Cloud by focusing on business outcomes and by working as an end-to-end cloud partner. This approach not only increases the value we bring to our customers, but also makes Oracle a desirable partner.
We deliver Oracle Cloud solutions with speed, efficiency and predictability based on our vast experience of more than 1,500 successful Cloud implementations in EMEA. Over 5,500 consultants across EMEA & JAPAC are passionately dedicated to ensuring Oracle Cloud success through our unparalleled experience and extensive global network. The One Oracle approach helps our clients in reducing risk and maximizing their return on investment. We look at our clients' business holistically to ensure business outcomes are met and empower continuous innovation.
Oracle Consulting also deliver customers business transformation programs in association with Oracle partners. Program management from Oracle Consulting is still key in these joint partner engagements as Oracle Consulting focus on delivered outcomes within wider transformation programs delivered by Oracle partners.
YOUR FUTURE ROLE: EMEA Project Management Office - Project Director
- Take a key role in building up and driving the EMEA level Project Management office.
- Mature the Oracle Consulting Emea's Project Management skills and establish a customer focused project management culture
- Lead by example and be a natural accepted mentor for the Oracle Consulting project managers.
- Balance between all elements of a multi-faceted role, including (non-exhaustive):
- Have a wholistic overview of a portfolio of a specific projects or key projects within a specific cluster.
- Pro-actively, hands on and likely customer facing, putting some of these projects on the right track and react promptly and effectively on early warning signs within this portfolio.
- Guide the projects in this portfolio to a focus on delivering to stakeholders expectations and to a focus of managing both stakeholders and commercial project KSF'sin parallel.
- Be a core member of a 'rapid reaction force'; A team reacting hands on, customer facing, on critical project situations or escalations (quick analysis of the situation, determine which are the right conditions to step in, support qualification, determine a clear remediation approach, applying right entry/exit criteria, manage stakeholders and act according to the approach until having met the exit criteria).
- Be part of the day to day Emea PMO governance.
- Deliver the above services both towards the Emea Oracle Consulting clusters and to qualified partner projects.
- While being collaborating with clusters and partners, do pick up trends and propose potential improvements that can help these clusters, partners or the wider ecosystem to become more effective and more successful.
- Make Project Management the highly recognised and highly desired key role it is (and should be even more) within Oracle Consulting.
Indicative Career Level: IC4/IC5 - Project Management Specialist Area, reporting to the EMEA Applications Consulting PMO leader.
What You'll Bring
Your enthusiasm, knowledge and business acumen, and love and passion for customer success will help us become the leading cloud service provider.
An ability to drive highest program and project standards across a direct and (mainly) indirect team of over 120 project managers in a diverse geographical (EMEA) region bringing focus on stakeholder and customer success.
- Master degree or equivalent.
- Being a self starting, entrepreneurial, self managing, resilient leader with a high level of adaptability (AQ).
- Ability to work effectively with and through a matrix and a virtual organisation, requiring management through influencing, based upon trust and leadership skills.
- Personality and ability to establish a trustful relationship with executive level stakeholders within the Oracle cross Lob organisation and customers and partners outside the Oracle organisation.
- Successful track record as Program Director of transformational and international SaaS transformation projects.
- Experience in managing Turn around of escalated IT transformation projects successfully with entry and exit criteria for engagement.
- Sophisticated executive communication and interpersonal skills bringing multiple internal and customer stakeholders to common understanding and agreement
- Have a strong continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to develop a culture of focus on "Customer Success "rather than "manage to contract" whilst still managing commercial constraints.
- Flexibility to work from home or travel across the region when required (assume max 50% travel - potentially needing travel on very short notice).
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or similar.
International experience across the region.
- Become the advocate for the project management role inside and outside the organisation.
- Be recognised by the Consulting PM community as an admired leader and representative of the PM community at Emea management level.
What We Offer
- A driver's seat in a top Emea wide project and program director role. A stepping stone for further growing your own career.
- Enriching your experience while being hands on and customer facing with the largest Oracle accounts in the region.
- Being an essential part of the Emea Applications Consulting Team.
- Visibility for your work and outcomes to the Oracle Cross LOB Emea executives and management teams.
- An Oracle Consulting Emea management team recognising the importance of this role and supporting your activities.
- An ability to grow your network in a wide and international Oracle Cloud ecosystem.
- A chance to raise the (already important) role of project manager to higher regard across the organisation.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Senior Director of Project Management
|Saudi Arabia||25 May|
KPMG Saudi Arabia
Manager, Strategic Program Management
|Kuwait City||12 Oct|
Rider Levett Bucknall
IBM Middle East