Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Project Manager to work at our office in Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable / billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and quality
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalization and technology use, work share and high value engineering centers, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc.
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and / or the customer
- Responsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains
- Facilitates the setup of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering
- Minimum 15 years of Experience in managing multidiscipline projects through all phases of design, construction, commissioning and close out
- Experience in project engineering of multidiscipline engineering design teams
- Experienced in coordinating and controlling team delivery in accordance with agreed cost, schedule and change without compromising HSSEQ standards
- Experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with client and sub - contractors
- Propose and execute remedial actions for all identified problem areas associated with schedule slippage
- Project management, PMP, Saudi Aramco Codes and standards preferred
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.