Job description / Role
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we've led with vision, contributing to many of the world's most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50 th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Project Manager to join our award-winning team based in Al Ula, Saudi Arabia on a Hospitality project. Please note that this role is in a fairly remote location therefore it will be more suited to a candidate that can consider living in such conditions. This role may require you to locate in Kuwait.
We envisage success in this role to include:
- Liaises with client, developer, consultants and contractors as well as KEO internal construction management and supervision, planning, engineering and design divisions.
- Develop and maintain client relationships enhancing opportunities and business initiatives.
- Ensures the delivery of the contracted PM/CM services to the client.
- Participates in establishing and implementing the Project Management Plan and procedures.
- Implements standard risk management routines with management support, to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Prepares tender strategy; identifies qualified consultants, contractors and vendors; prepares and issues RFP's, evaluates proposals; negotiates contract terms/deliverables/payment schedules; and issues recommendation to the client.
- Review of projects' proposals and plans to determine time frames, staffing plans, finding limitations and establishing procedures needed to accomplish the projects.
- Oversees and guides consultants design progress activities. Monitors and verifies design progress and submittals at all design phases.
- Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for the construction project;
- Attends or chairs meetings and / or workshops with consultants and contractors, prepares meeting minutes and follows up to achieve identified actions.
- Organizes/manages design review meetings, workshops and reports during design phases.
- Advises client on all matters pertaining to cost, scope and schedule.
- Reviews and monitors project cost estimates, value engineering (VE) proposals and cost reconciliation.
- provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the risk management plan.
- Participates in the preparation of monthly progress reports and minutes of meeting.
- Is instrumental in establishing a culture throughout all project stages of leading by example, seeking out problems ahead of time and finding practical and cost effective solutions in collaboration with other project stakeholders.
- Negotiation and coordination with all stakeholders to finalize project packages, requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Administers contracts to ensure that all parties discharge their relevant scope of services and deliverables in accordance with their respective contracts.
- Reviews and monitors project schedules.
- Verifies, recommends and processes invoices and assesses variations and claims.
- Assists in the preparation of tenders and or acts as Bid Manager as appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation and participate in Project or Bid presentations.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation and issuance of KEO invoices and follows up payment.
- Provides leadership, guidance and advice to the project team.
- Ensures work is conducted with quality assurance protocols.
- Identifies and resolves issues, including management, technical or administrative, to ensure that the project objectives are achieved.
- Oversee construction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare, implement and manage sustainable initiatives in Design & Construction using LEED tools and processes, adding value and reducing costs whilst enhancing projects in hand.
- Manage and lead project teams, project managers, engineers, consultants, specialist contractors and cost planners in expediting the projects' requirements
- Provide coherent presentations to shareholders and board members, on arising situations, progress status, and different reporting needs and requirements.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 12 years work experience partnered with a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering. 8 years of your career will have been spent within the PMCM sector.
- Member of Professional Engineering or Construction Management Society or other recognized body is desirable.
- Certification(s) in PMP (Project Management Professional) preferred.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.