Job description / Role
Project Manager reports to the Head of projects. PM is the focal person for the respective projects assigned to them & responsible for effectively managing the projects in all aspects. To implement assigned projects in accordance with company procedures and in support of the overall objectives of Project Operations including maintenance of back-log, continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance. Has prime responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects
Major areas of responsibility:
• Establish professional relationships and communications with key customers to ensure potential customer satisfaction issues are recognized and addressed in a timely manner
• Managing the interest of all stakeholders (customer, Honeywell, suppliers, etc) in the project.
• Ensure that the baseline project documents are produced, maintained, made available to all parties concerned and effectively used (managing the project).
• Ensures that the project is correctly planned and managed during execution.
• Create conditions to ensure that personnel assigned to the project can work productively
• Monitor and Control the financial status of the project (EAC, Billings, cost budgets, milestone payments, rebates, warranty).
• Accountable for the on-time, on-budget completion of projects per agreed upon scopes
• Accurately report the status (resources, technical issues, customer satisfaction) of assigned projects on all key metrics.
• Managing the process of scope definition and change control, including estimating and negotiations of contract / scope variations (change orders).
• Anticipate timely on important potential risks (technical or other).
• Establish and execute detailed plans to ensure that risks are mitigated and opportunities are realised.
• Apply applicable Honeywell QA and project management procedures / methods like e.g. GPM.
• Prepare sub-contract strategy, select sub-contractors, and negotiate contracts and control.
• Work with Life Cycle Service organisation to ensure that projects are properly closed out.
• Report relevant new business opportunities to account manager
• Work with sales (on request) to ensure that project proposals are supported with proposal deliverables e.g. risk/opportunity, estimate, project plan, planning.
• Participate in the continuous improvement process with respect to project management procedures, guidelines and tools.
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of engineering in Chemical, Electronics, Instrumentation Engineering
• Minimum 15 years experience in a project management in Process Automation industry / DCS based projects
• Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Capable of successfully delivering from 4M US$ and above of project revenue per year
About the Company
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global megatrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||22 May|