Job description / Role
Our Client: Is one of the engineering consultant.
- Responsible for project delivery, including budget, programme and technical output
- Project manage design, planning/statutory processes, procurement, construction and commissioning activities to ensure that the projects meet their delivery dates.
- Managing the full life-cycle of the project and ensuring the project is successfully completed from beginning to end including project kick-off, designing, execution and completion, all whilst ensuring compliance with Business Management System (BMS).
- Attend regular progress and design meetings with the Client(s) and record and issue the minutes from those meetings
- Carry out regular review of project progress, budgets, changes, risks and issues and ensure that these are reported to both company management and the Client
- Review project resourcing requirements and verify that adequate design stage and construction stage resources have been committed to ensure that delivery programmes are met
- Maintain control on project costs and schedules, scope, quality of work and project controls
- Prepare monthly reports in delivery for the client and deliver presentations on progress
- Mentor and develop staff, providing leadership and positive working environment
- Monitor and review compliance with the requirements of the Group's management system and report findings
- Identifying, building and maintaining key relationships both internally within the company and externally with key clients
Education and Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university;
- A formal Project Management qualification is desirable.
- At least 18 years post qualification experience in the Project Management of water/infrastructural projects
- Relevant experience of the water industry or similar utilities specifically Water Transmission projects.
- Member of an internationally recognized professional engineering body
- Strong understanding of commercial and contractual management
- Develop relationships to accomplish team goals with dealing effectively with differences of opinion and conflict management
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work with schedules and manage resources while remaining focused on programme delivery.
- A strong practical approach to project management with the ability to work in a collaborative and cooperative manner with both the Client and Contractor to ensure that the works are designed and constructed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Strong customer focus and commercial sensibility, with the ability to work within strict timelines and budgets.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels including external stakeholders.
- Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
- Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environments
- Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Senior Construction Manager
|Saudi Arabia||10 Aug|
Currie & Brown
Project Manager - Hotel/Mixed Use - Consultancy