Job description / Role
Our client is an international group specializing in the construction of major, complex projects globally. Operating in over 30 countries, they are a global player in the construction sector specialty with regards to Civil Buildings and Infrastructure projects.
They are actively hiring a Project Director with significant experience in complex building projects in Saudi Arabia.
• Responsible for overseeing the delivery of multiple projects across Saudi Arabia
• Ensuring that the Project's Profit and Loss account is drawn-up and accurate
• Ensuring that the projects are completed, while assigning time, cost, quality, safety and environmental targets to all collaborators;
• Managing subcontractor appointments, while guaranteeing related contracts are managed properly
• Contractual management, planning and solving eventual disputes with the Client or Partners, with the help, where needed, of HQ department staff; Guaranteeing that the project's QHSE plan is approved and correctly applied
• Ensuring that all personnel under the PDs responsibility are managed correctly, improving relations and making sure that internal communication is always adequate.
• Guaranteeing that Safety Operational Plans and Environmental Protection Plans are always applied;
• During the project closing phase: making sure that all documents are properly archived and filed, while also guaranteeing that the Client issues the certificate stating that works were carried out properly, for SOA purposes.
• Minimum 15-years' experience in large and complex building projects, of which at least 5 as a Project Director;
• University Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture;
• Proven construction project experience;
• Advanced knowledge of all construction management processes, means and methods;
• Knowledgeable as regards all aspects related to the construction process;
• Familiarity with Construction management software;
• Full English proficiency;
• Planning skills and capable of seeing a situation as a whole;
• Competent at solving and managing conflicts and crises;
• Leadership skills and capable of managing personnel;
• Excellent time and project management skills.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.