Job description / Role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power system protection and related SEL products.
• Experienced with system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, testing and related SEL products
• Train and assist customers with the installation, commissioning and operation of protection systems, both on-site and from SEL offices.
• Performs work that is varied and may be somewhat difficult or complex.
• Complete assigned work within agreed upon schedule and budget while focusing on quality and safety.
• Support project and engineering teams in the development of project deliverables.
• Provide regular communication to SEL and customer project management, engineering, and support groups regarding project specifications.
• Document and report technical issues and malfunctions and identify/analyze any undesirable trends.
• Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
• Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related degree
• Engineer in Training certificate or equivalent
• Two or more year’s relevant experience with electrical power systems or practices
• Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of protection, integration and applications for electric power systems
• Acceptable technical training, speaking and writing skills
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally
• Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
• Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Background check results satisfactory to SEL
• Negative drug test result(s)
• Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with electric power transmission, distribution, and/or generation systems
• Experience being a part of project teams
About the Company
SEL makes electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. To accomplish this mission, we design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. Our solutions range from comprehensive generator and transmission protection to distribution automation and control systems. The SEL Government Services Division is dedicated to the security, safety, and reliability of electric power at facilities ranging from military base power systems to ships, while Engineering Services provides engineering capabilities and system solutions to national and international customers. SEL University provides training and programs that help our customers meet the technical challenges and complexities of integrating digitally based technologies into the expanding power system infrastructure.