Job description / Role
Purchase coordinator ensures the maintenance of prices in system and provides information for the estimated / actual landed costs. In addition, the Purchase Admin. Coordinator manages the inventory operations and monitors the logistics operations with the help of the logistic team.
As a key role in the organization, Purchase Admin. Coordinator must display a capacity to fully stand the values of Chalhoub Group: Respect - Fairness, Integrity, Humility , Excellence - Role Model, Commitment and Efficiency and Entrepreneurial Spirit - Leadership, Ingenuity and Team Spirit .
- Enter purchase orders in system (novelties and replenishment)
- Process all purchase orders in system, including non-good items ordered by Marketing
- Maintain up-to-date order book at all time
- Perform operations on back-orders in system
- Follow-up with suppliers and update system on back-orders
- Send special orders to supplier
- Follow up on deliveries with suppliers
Item creation and pricing
- Validating local data from item master data file (newly created items) send by MDM.
- Provide all information for item creation for local purchases with no owner at the Group level (e.g. direct purchase by local teams such as watches, watches, sun glasses for beauty stores, items in Kuwait's visitors stores).
- Maintain characteristics (traits) for item in system by location (store, warehouse), e.g. item status (discontinued/inactive), consignment flagging, etc.
- Perform execution of revised prices in system
- Ensure that maintenance of prices (price markdowns, promotions in stores) is performed correctly and on time in the system and conduct the proper self-checking
- Escalate immediately issues in price maintenance (e.g. promotions) to IT and local merchandise team
- Perform correct and timely re-entry in system after error has been detected
- Perform accurate calculation on initial and revised Estimated Landed Cost
- Make a proposal to regional merchandise team on initial and revised Estimated Landed cost
- Submit to Finance the revised Actual Landed Cost if revision exceeds thresholds
- Enter the new Estimated Landed cost in the system or revised ELC after validation from Regional merchandise manager and finance
- Collect actual costs for each delivery from different sources and enter Actual Landed Cost in the system
- Perform inventory management operations in system and raise debit/credit notes to suppliers for goods
- Execute inter-country transfers in system
- Follow-up with Logistics team on documentation and physical execution
- Perform entry of purchase orders of goods in the system correctly and in time as per instructions from local merchandise analyst
- Perform entries in system for inventory management as per instructions from local merchandise analyst (store to store transfers, store to warehouse transfers, returns to vendors, transfers of temporary stock loans to special account
- Identify reasons for discrepancies in invoice matching in system (price or quantity), make a report to regional merchandise team to take a decision on resolution if needed and introduce new invoices in system for resolution of discrepancies
- Raise replacement purchase orders or debit / credit notes in the system as per the instructions from local merchandise analyst
- Issue insurance claim for damage during delivery or defective item and liaise with insurance department if needed
- Collaborate with stock controllers, commercial teams and local merchandise analyst to identify reasons for negative stocks in the system in stores and warehouses and perform approved adjustments after resolution
- Issue orders for repairs
- Stock Liquidation
- Follow-up with Factory outlet team on transfers of items selected for liquidation
- Execute RTV in system for discontinued items Organize returns with suppliers and logistics
KPIs: Purchase, ordering, pricing inventory management and stock liquidation
- Percentage of errors in POs (actual vs. minimal level)
- Processing time (e.g. sum of (PO processing - PO fulfillment date) / # PO) - actual vs. target
- Percentage of error in price entry (actual vs. minimal level)
- Lead time for price entries (actual vs. target)
- Logistics & Deliveries
- Monitor that logistics operations are performed by Logistics team correctly and on time
- Communicate delivery planning schedule established by the regional team to logistics team, coordinate with Logistics team to ensure that delivery of goods to stores and warehouses happen within planning agreed with supplier, with full quantity requested and with minimal damage and discrepancies and prepare documentation for custom clearance on particular shipment, if requested by logistics team
- Communicate the dispatch list for shipment arriving at the warehouse according to store classification
- Escalate delays of deliveries and variances to regional merchandise team (if needed)
- Assess suppliers on standard delivery KPIs (lead time, damage) on a regular basis and communicate assessment to Regional merchandise team
- Gather detailed delivery KPIs by stores ( lead time, damage, etc..), perform detailed analysis on service levels by store and report them to the region in the template provided (lead time monitoring document)
- Provide inputs on supply chain costs if needed
- Monitor benchmark and performance KPIs of supply chain, in particular warehousing and report them to regional team
- Communicate to logistics team the tactical operations during delivery (clubbing, change of incoterm etc) as per the instructions from Merchandise manager and monitor their execution
- Prepare credit / debit notes to suppliers in case of variances and discrepancies at deliveries (escalated to Regional merchandise manager if issues)
- Prepare claims to insurance companies if discrepancies is due to logistics chain (e.g freight forwarder, transporter)
- Ensure that discrepancies and other negative stocks identified during cycle counting in warehouses are addressed on time and as per group's guidelines
- Follow-up on investigations on damages in warehouse
- Provide information regarding recurring defective items
- Template & reports
- Provide information as per regional templates
- Provide monthly reports on purchase actuals vs. budget by categories by store, as per pre-defined regional templates
- University Degree in Business
- Mini 1 year of relevant experience
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.