Job description / Role
As a large, sophisticated professional services organization, everything we do comes down to having the right people with the right skills in the right place. As an experienced Manager within the Markets and Business Development team, you'll support us in making this happen
The Pursuit Designer is primarily responsible for supporting Pursuits Teams for strategic pursuits by creating a pursuit's visual strategy, along with the design and layout of all pursuit deliverables and client facing materials. This role will support Pursuits teams with content development (e.g. proposals, orals material, visual designs, apps, video, A/R, proposal, etc.) and program management support, as well as acting as liaison with interdependent groups including Knowledge etc. This role will be responsible for executing globally consistent strategy, methodologies and process as defined by the Global CoE Leadership.
Your key responsibilities
- Devise innovative cover art, charts, graphs, and packaging methods which supports a pursuit's theme and relates to the potential client's business issues, culture, industry and market position.
- Create layouts within the EY Visual Identity to establishing strong typography and appropriate use of color, images and fonts, allowing for readability of type and logic of graphic illustrations.
- Attend and actively contribute to kick-off meetings, debriefs, and oral preparation meetings concerning the pursuit.
- Present design options and approaches to developing anticipated materials, that are cohesive, integrated and support the overall pursuit theme.
- Partner with pursuit teams to provide a full-service BD coverage model for strategic, high-end pursuits
- Drive design creativity and coach Partner and Pursuit teams to drive pursuit design innovation
- Serve as a key participant in pursuit strategy sessions where applicable
- Be an expert of strategic messaging and leads conceptualization of all client-facing materials
- Contribute to and helping drive the development of account, and opportunity "value-propositions"
- Maintain relationships with key interdependency groups: Knowledge, Sectors, Service Lines and BMC
- Participate in internal and external networks
- Deliver better understanding of outcomes by cascading Win/loss review insights to account teams (including utilizing the ASQ/ESQ /client experience process in win/loss debriefs
- Deliver improvement of Pursuits process with emphasis on design factors, through extensive use of client (internal and external) feedback
- Ensure the effective use of approved design strategy, approaches and methods in all accounts and engagements; this will coaching Partners and teams is the correct usage
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong experience in graphic design with exposure to brand marketing.
- Knowledge of EY's products and services is helpful and will be essential upon assumption of the role.
- Ability to be agile in a high-paced environment and produce quality work in high-pressure situations.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge and trends to assess, identify and implement new technology and/or design innovation such as interactive presentations and digital content delivery. Maintain superior knowledge with graphics software tools, proficiency in firm's standard operating software (MS Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel) and design software such as: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects and Acrobat Pro.
- Maintain capabilities for troubleshooting technical issues in graphic files for pre-press and printing-linking graphics, including fonts and creating color separations. Demonstrate executive presence: establishes credibility quickly; commands attention and respect; demonstrates confidence and deals comfortably with clients and other stakeholders.
- University/Bachelor/technical degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of Graphic Design/Communications / Pursuits Strategy experience
- Familiarity with the workings of large Global organizations
- Strong understanding of Pursuit Activation or new business pitches
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What working for EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer
- Exposure to some of the greatest colleagues and clients in the industry
- Support, feedback and coaching in a culture that values operational excellence
- Career potential to grow both within the MENA region and globally
- A culture that will encourage you to grow you skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.