Job description / Role
• To develop the project quality plan according to ISO quality policy; to ensure that the quality plan is implemented both internally and externally; to develop and implement appropriate project execution instructions and quality standards; to provide training and awareness to project personnel on QA related topics. Manage all quality assurance activities related to the Project
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• In accordance with the Project Instructions and as approved by the Project Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager has the responsibility and commensurate authority to accomplish the following duties:
Organization and Planning
• To prepare the Quality Assurance section of the Project Execution Plan.
• To prepare the project Quality Plan defining the QA audits and corresponding schedule.
• To coordinate in conjunction with the project team members, the development and maintenance of the project QA instructions.
• To define the requirements for supplier’s and contractor’s quality assurance programs and ensure that they are included in the contracts.
• To audit the Project Quality Plan to assure its effective implementation.
• To monitor and control the flow of corrective and preventive Action Requests issued during project audits and close off once found acceptable.
• To assist the Project Manager in the development and implementation of an induction and training plan to ensure that project personnel are familiarized with the requirements of the Project Quality Plan.
• To follow up on requested actions discussed with suppliers and contractors regarding their respective QA program.
• To evaluate, assess and audit/survey suppliers and contractor’s quality on a regular basis to ensure the required quality level is maintained.
• To maintain a complete file of Quality Assurance records for all phases of the project.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree holder or higher qualification
• Knowledge of the ISO-9000 series International Standards
• Quality Management certification (preferred)
• Strong communication skills
• Lead Auditor certification from a recognized organization
• Conversant with applicable industry standards and specifications
• Experience of 15 years in technical and managerial roles
• Experience within Saudi Arabia and in the oil & gas sector is preferred.
Skills & Competences
• Pursues process excellence and best practices
• Successfully and positively identifies and implements new ideas and changes
• Motivates and inspires subordinates and line employees
• Ability to follow and implement the strategic direction of the department as set by the Quality Leadership team
• Ability to develop and maintain strong and good relationships with personnel
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.