Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a QA/QC Officer for an ongoing Theme Park project in Dammam & Khobar.
A typical week would include:
* Attends all site related tests and pre-tests at factories and ensures they are undertaken in accordance with the applicable Inspection and Test Plan (ITP), including site inspections and routine surveillances
* Coordinates with all Material Engineers for all material inspection requests on the project
* Ensures all materials delivered to the site are compliant with approved material submittal and are properly stored.
* Coordinate testing requirements with laboratory and Contractor/Engineer's Representative(s).
* Ensures the IMTE logs are updated and that all the equipment used is calibrated, including records.
* Provides feedback/reports to Quality Control Manager for any quality related issues/concerns.
* Ensure all nonconformance is identified and reported through the approved NCR processes and procedures.
* Reviews all quality related submissions, including but not limited to NCR's, test reports, 3^rd party reports, quality observations etc.
* Monitoring and closing of Quality defect notices and Nonconformance reports.
* Assists in the review of Mockup inspections, snagging (identification and closure)
* Monitor & report to the Quality Manager the work attendance and efficiency of the contractors technical and quality teams at site, report about their proficiency and internal inspections regimes.
* Ensure the latest revisions of approved documents are available and used at site, including but not limited to Method statements, shop drawings, ITPs, procedures, plans etc.
* Reviews contractor's daily, weekly, and monthly quality reports.
* Monitoring and reporting on the implementation and achievement of the quality objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs).
* Performs and assists in quality audits, in accordance with ISO 9001: 2015 standards and WSP requirements, including internal, contractor and subcontractor, 3^rd party and off-site Audits.
* Assists with audit planning and scheduling.
* Assists in preparing reports, EDMS workflow, document archiving.
* Meeting review periods for each type of documents assigned and updating the status with Document control as required
* Conducts internal quality related training.
* Maintain a tracker for all the supervisory staff on site for the quality inducted/oriented/trained. Tracking the Quality trainings of the contractor.
* Ensure all WSP quality processes, procedures and requirements are being met.
* Prepare a daily/weekly report to the Quality Manager for contractor quality performance related to inspections and site works.
* Assists the project teams when required for the contractor's payments applications and claims.
* Assists the Quality Manager in the preparation of project reporting, including technical logs, workflow, documentation status and close out, NCR/SOR, Inspections, Testing etc
* Any other reasonable quality related task required by Quality Manager
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
* Minimum 10 years of experience in similar capacity in major mixed-use project with a recognized international company
* Theme Park project experience is preferred
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.