Job description / Role
Quantity Surveyor (Electrical) for high rise construction - Makkah, KSA
Due to the current pandemic, we are only accepting candidates currently based in the Kingdom with transferable iqama.
• To assist in providing and developing the full range of electrical surveying and contract administration services for the construction programme.
• Responsible for Preparation of Bill of Quantity (BOQ) based on tender drawing & Specification includes all works. Preparation of quantity take-off from shop drawings.
• Actively promote values, policies, aims and objectives through personal example and positive direction to ensure that they translate into practical and effective action.
• Preparation of tender queries to consultants/clients.
KEY RESULT AREA:
• Knowledge of Designing, developing, coordinating, electrical services and all related infrastructure services.
• Knowledge of documentation & procedures required for testing, balancing and commissioning of equipment/services.
• Assists in the development of detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, milestone descriptions, budgets and staffing requirements.
• Measuring from design/construction/shop drawings and isometrics to produce fully priced detailed bills of quantities, labour hours and material costs
• Tracking costs and labour through the project
• Preparing costs for variations (if arise due to changes in drawings/plans etc)
• Producing monthly valuations
• Carry out full construction take offs, prepare construction cost plan, track costs, labour costs, cash flows and efficiency through the project
• Prepare subcontract packages for procurement, agree contracts and assist / manage to final account stage
• Supporting and aiding the Head of MEP.
• Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural and electrical drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved.
• Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
• Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
• Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
• Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
• Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
• Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs.
• Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
• Commercial vetting of subcontractor tenders and contracts.
• Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
• Able to work well within a team based environment.
• Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
• Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
• Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub-contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
• Able to read and interpret the electrical, ELV, ICT drawings, basic quantities wherever required.
• Able to review and interpret the Electrical specifications along with overall MEP specifications.
• Assists in the introduction of new methods of construction, equipment, and machinery to improve the construction process.
• Ensures controlled material/equipment wastage at site.
• Responsible for monitoring and analyzing labor attendance and productivity.
• Prepares look-ahead schedules for electrical works.
• Maintains a digital photo data base of the site to meet record requirements and management defined marketing needs.
• Records changes for the delivery of As-Built Drawings for his projects.
• Prepares engineering scope documents, exhibits, budgets, specifications, schedules, and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
SAR 10,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Detailed engineering and construction process knowledge in electrical, ELV and BMS services for hotels, commercial and light industrial buildings.
• In continuation to above knowledge on below mentioned systems is sought:
- High Voltage 110 kV (distribution substations)
- Medium voltage 13.8 kV (Switchgear, Cabling, RMU, Relays etc.)
- Low voltage 0.38 kV, cables, bus bars, MDB’s, MCC’s, SMDB’s, DB’s etc.
- Small power
- Normal lighting
- Emergency lighting, Central battery etc.
- Public address system
- CCTV, Access control system & security.
- Parking management system.
- Building management system.
- Any other system that may be necessary.
• Outline knowledge of civil and architectural design.
• Knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices.
• Knowledge of the project planning would be an added advantage.
• Thorough knowledge on process involving design, selection, procurement, fabrication, installation, testing & commissioning of MEP services is required.
• Thorough knowledge of CAD, REVIT is preferred.
• Interpret drawings, safety training, computer skills and communications skills in English Language (read, write and speak).
Basic salary: SAR 10,000 - SAR 15,000 (based on experience)
• Housing allowance for family per month = [ (3 x Basic Salary) / 12 ] SAR
• Transportation allowance per month = 1,000 SAR
About the Company
Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel Group is a collection of firms that focuses primarily on real estate development and agriculture. Its real estate portfolio includes several lands in the Jeddah / Makkah region which include hospitality and commercial real estate. Its agricultural business currently cultivates more than 280,000 date palms using sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. Forward thinking, social and environmental consciousness are the fundamental principles uniting the YALJ group.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior MEP Quantity Surveyor
SAS Global Consultants
|Saudi Arabia||6 Apr|
Quantity Surveyor / Senior QS
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||21 Mar|
Lead ELV Engineer
Quantity Surveyor (Electrical)
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jun|