Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould is a construction consultancy and member of the WS Atkins group of companies (www.atkinsglobal.com). As one of the world's leading total solutions providers for the built environment, Faithful+Gould has been providing a versatile blend of construction, program, cost and project management to private companies and the public sector for more than 60 years.
We are currently looking for experienced Quantity Surveyor/ Senior Quantity Surveyors to join our team to work on newly awarded projects across varying sectors and various locations within UAE for a site-based role. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team on high profile projects within in Saudi Arabia.
- The Quantity Surveyors will report to either a Commercial Manager or Associate Director
- Will be responsible for organising measurement tasks when preparing estimates / cost plans
- Draft estimates / cost plans for review and finalisation with senior management.
- Preparation of BOQ including drafting Preambles / General Requirements.
- Undertake market review / research for compiling and updating unit rates for estimating.
- Responsible for on-site and off-site quantity verifications and confirmation with regards to payments and variation works.
- Responsible for checking and verifications of all invoices of the said sub packages on site.
- Maintain a register of payments.
- Check the materials on and off site and verified delivery and acceptance from the client's representative for payment approval.
- Prepare and maintain records of all sub-contractors agreement and payments.
- On site verification of Final Accounts submitted by the Contractors and selected Sub Contractors and Suppliers, adjusting as necessary and providing recommendations to the Client.
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts for Subcontract works.
- Update Cost report.
- Carry out cost estimates for alternative design solutions.
- Prepare estimates of variation works.
- Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or related
- Minimum 8 + years Quantity Surveying working experience in the Middle East or KSA ideally
- Experience working on Cost X is a must
- Knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Cost planning (concept design, schematic design & detailed design)
- Measurement / BOQ in POMI & CESMM
- Collation of Contract Documentation
- Understanding of FDIC Forms of Contracts
- Buildings, Residential projects
- Demonstrate good understanding of compiling unit rates for estimating
- UAE Experience
- Chartered or working towards MRICS
- Essential (Planning & time management, influencing skills, customer focus etc.)
- Task orientated
- Team player but able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to meet set deliverables
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to act on own initiative and proactive manner
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide. Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
Get job alerts
Ã— Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Browse our Knowledge Centre to get an inside look into the projects we've delivered
Don't forget to sign up to receive the latest content tailored to your interests
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).