Job description / Role
• The employee will be part of a technology team for Air Products new technology center in Dhahran Techno Valley (DTV) in Saudi Arabia.
• The employee will also be part of the Global Gasification Technology team supporting Air Products’ gasification business worldwide.
• This individual with be a global expert in water treatment chemistries and applications supporting all of Air Products’ global businesses.
• Primary focus will be on understanding, optimizing existing and developing new water treatment processes to support residue gasification facilities.
• The job may require occasional travel to operating sites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop fundamental understanding of water treatment chemistries and processes in Air Products’ plants.
• Serve as a water chemistry expert for the Air Products operating fleet and engineering design team.
• Collect and analyze operating data from the field, identify and fix problems, and optimize performance.
• Contribute to “hands-on” field assistance at plant sites during pilot trials, system construction and commissioning, and provide support services and troubleshoot any problems that arise with waste water plant. Proactively identify new, cost effective water treatment options. Help design, install, and test experimental equipment to demonstrate performance. Lead projects to incorporate new technologies into the plants and future designs.
• Provide training to operating, engineering, and technology staff members involved in water treatment chemistries.
• Will initiate liaising with academic partners and research institutions to identify new water treatment technologies of interest
• Will also be responsible for report preparation and presentations, publications.
• Job incumbent is expected to serve as a global subject matter expert for water treatment processes and water chemistries including surface water and waste water treatment.
• Have good leadership skills, good scientific and engineering problem-solving skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, and enthusiasm about his/her mission.
• Capable of developing research strategies aligned with business and organizational goals
• Able to mentor junior research team members and contribute to the overall development of the Technology Center and the Global Gasification Technology team
• Able to build collaborative relationships with regional Universities and Companies
• Ability to operate independently and as a part of a high-functioning team
• Fluency in written and spoken English is a necessity.
• The role requires a experienced water treatment professional with subject matter expert level knowledge of: (in order of importance )
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment with focus on Refinery or Gasification Applications
- Surface Water Treatment for use as Boiler Feed Water
- Internal Boiler Chemistry and steam system chemistries
- Working knowledge of simulation softwares for modeling water chemistries or water/waste water processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Water Treatment or a related field or MS with 7+ years of experience.
• Working knowledge / be familiar with water treatment applications as it relates to desalination, ion exchange, oil removal, metal removal, biological treatment, sludge handling, boiler and steam systems, sour water strippers, etc.
• Extensive experience and focal expertise in Refinery or Gasification operations would be beneficial
• Experience and ability to work across multiple disciplines - project management, water quality, and support of large-scale advanced water treatment facility operations,
• Hands on experience in practical aspects of the affect of water treatment chemistries on traditional water treatment processes.
• Ability to supervise and train junior group members.
• Good writing and communication skills in English.
• Experience in preparation of progress reports and peer-reviewed publications.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies