This position is closed or expired.
See other Engineer jobs in Saudi Arabia
Radio Network Optimization Engineer
Saudi Intelligent Solutions (SiS)
Kingdom Wide, Saudi Arabia
- Our client has 10 vacancies for this role.
- Only from Saudi Arabia with a valid Iqama Transfer will be considered.
- Nationality: Filipinos, Lebanese, Indians, Jordanians, Egyptians, Saudis. (No other nationalities preferred).
Achieve and maintain a high quality level of the 3G / 2G Radio Network Services, and ensure high quality performance on all technical activities, and the highest possible level of customer satisfaction. Provide effective technical support and continually seek for quality improvements within the Mobile Network Optimization project.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• Monitor & analyze the GSM, WCDMA/HSDPA Radio Network Statistics on daily basis.
• Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted KPIs (Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity).
• Responsible for reducing congestion and drops, improving the IRAT Handover, Soft Handover, Location Update, Paging, CSSR, RRC Connection & RAB Establishment Success rate in his designated area for all Voice, Video Packet & High Speed, issuing capacity requests whenever needed.
• Responsible for Inconsistencies Checks, Packet Throughput, Parameter changes & Physical changes.
• Responsible for testing the radio performance for the newly integrated sites.
• Discuss the frequency & Scrambling Code retunes requests with his team leader for his designated area.
• Responsible for the drive test analysis and taking the necessary action to improve the performance of his area.
• Change the radio related parameters, by using the GATS, which is an Oracle Database designed to streamline the interaction between the Optimization team & O&M team.
• Participate in technical discussions with the customer in order to gather product-related information.
• Perform Radio Network Surveys, i.e. visit possible sites in order to judge if they are suitable from a radio network point of view (Hardware & Location).
• Evaluate and adapt new methods and technologies regarding Radio Network Optimization, Features, Trials & Tuning.
• Help the customer to get more knowledge about Vendors’ products by holding seminars and presentations of new or enhanced products and functionality.
• Ability to use the following tools: TCPU, Tems Investigation, Tems Visualization, MOshell, OSS, GPEH, UETR, CTR, BO, MCOM & MapInfo, Actix, etc...
• Be involved in trial projects for new products & features.
• Act as a mentor for the younger STC engineers.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years optimization & Planning experience
• Minimum 3 years with vendors (Ericsson, Nokia-Siemens, Huawei) or well known operators in telecommunication or related field
• Excellent knowledge of the field of 2G/3G radio communication and optimization
• Strong command of the English language, Arabic language knowledge will be considered as an advantage
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (team work, knowledge sharing, commitments)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Able to work under high pressure
About the Company
Saudi Intelligent Solutions (SiS) is a limited company, and was established in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SiS has grown to become a leading independent IT&T Solutions & recruitment company. Our Head Office is in Riyadh with offices in London UK, Melbourne Australia and Dubai.
SiS successfully provide (ongoing) IT&T solution & recruitment services to many large blue chip clients; IT&T vendors and Operators; Financial and Banking Organizations; as well Government Departments throughout the world. Focusing exclusively on IT&T recruitment, our substantial candidate database and proven search methodology, allows us to find you the right person fast.