Job description / Role
Regional Contract Manager (Civil Engineering) - Jeddah
Linum Consult’s client is a major international contractor, working on a number of heavy civil and marine engineering projects across the globe. They are currently seeking a Regional Contract Manager with major EPC contract experience to create and oversee a small team of Contract Administrators, to be based in their Jeddah office.
• Reviewing and approving pre-tender documents for new major heavy civil and marine engineering projects.
• Creating and managing a small team of Contract Administrators
• Preparing and managing claims: advising the Director of Major Projects and Business Unit Managers on the strategy and required resources, planning for preparation activities and being responsible for the preparation of claims including all quantity surveying aspects.
• Reviewing and negotiating conditions of contracts and warranties with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors in relation to the Legal Department.
• Identifying critical projects requiring a specific contractual follow-up.
• Following up the execution of the critical major projects against the conditions of the contracts.
• Providing and implementing appropriate contract management training to effect improvement across the branch offices.
• Preparing and managing commercial and contractual correspondence and claims
• 20 years’ post-graduation experience in contract management gained in an international context on civil engineering, marine engineering, or oil & gas construction contracts.
• Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
• Preferably a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb) or a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
• Strong knowledge of FIDIC, JCT, ICE, and NEC contracts, with the ability to manage pre- and post-contract administration, including claims management
• Detailed project management knowledge and a previous history of working on major EPC contracts
• Excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
• Due to visa restrictions, our client will be unable to acquire working visas for certain nationalities
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Contract Manager - Metro
Lead Contracts/Contracts Manager
Al Marwan Group Holdings
Construction - Project Manager
Senior Project Manager / Project Manager