Job description / Role
Nursing and Midwifery
Critical Care/ ITU
To apply for a post through Professional Connections at this hospital you should hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand passport as we are contracted by our client hospital to source from these territories only.
Join the most prestigious organisation in The Middle East.
Our client hospital which has a 2000 bed capacity, is based in the Central Region of Saudi Arabia. The facility includes the largest dedicated Children's Hospital in the Middle East which opened in June 2015. A state-of-the art developments such as Cardiac and Liver Center; Emergency Care and Trauma Center continues to be the best Trauma Care Center in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is ranked as the 4th Emergency Care Center outside the United States of America, to provide (PHTLS) Pre-Hospital Trauma and Life Support program. Dental, Ambulatory (Outpatient) Care, Long Term Care/ Rehabilitation, Other adult and pediatric services provided include: Surgical and Medical wards, Oncology. Obstetrics and Gynecology (Labor and Delivery, Oncology, Antenatal and Post Partum wards); Oncology, Neonatal ICU, Operating Rooms, Ambulatory Care Center, Home Health Care Program, VIP Wards, Royal Suite, College of Medicine and Nursing College.
Unit Name Adult Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
• Adult: Mixed Gender;Pediatric: Mixed Gender under 14 years old, weighing over 55 kgs
• Hours of Operation: 24 Hours /7 days per week
• # of Beds: 8 Beds
• Occupancy Rate: 90 -100 %
Primary Patient Diagnoses:
• Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
• Cardiac Valvular Surgery
• Aortic Surgery ( Aneurysms / Dissection)
• Adult / Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease ( Depending on Age and Weight)
• Maze Procedure
• Sternal Rewiring or Debridement Requiring Mechanical Ventilation
• Patients with Pleural and Pericardial Effusions Requiring Mechanical Ventilation
• Cardiac Surgical Intervention Post Cardiac Trauma or Injury
• Aortic Surgery Requiring Bypass
• Pre-op patients requiring IABP or CRRT support
• Patients admitted with myocarditis for possible Surgical Intervention
• Haemodynamically unstable patients requiring Mechanical ventilation or multiple inotropic support - transfers from HDU / Ward
• Immediate Post-operative Care of Cardiac Surgical patients
• Mechanical Ventilatory Support I Invasive and Non invasive
• Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring device
• Pulmonary Artery Catheters
• Arterial Lines
• Central Venous Catheters
• Intra Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
• Patients with ECMO ( Extra Corporal Membrane Oxygenation)
• Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT ) Post Cardiac Surgery
• Left and Right Ventricular Assist Device ( LVAD )
• Temporary and Permanent Pacemakers Post Cardiac Surgery
• Management of Chest Tubes
• Automated Implanted Cardiac Defibrillators ( AICD ) post Cardiac Surgery
• Administration of Multiple Inotropes and Electrolytes
• Emergency Chest Re-Open for Tamponade
• Direct Cardioversion
• Immediate Post-Percutaneous Tracheostomy
• Generous Tax-Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated.
• Calculated for years of experience and for postgraduate education.
• One-year renewable contract. If you renew for the second year, you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
• Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public
• Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of the contract.
• Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
• Free fully furnished western accommodation.
• Free healthcare.
• Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge.
• Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
• High-speed internet.
• Registered Nurse with current Nursing License
• Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
• At least two (2) years current clinical experience in specific area of practice.
• Post-graduation specialist certification desirable
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.