Job description / Role
Registered Nurse - Adult Intensive Care Unit - Jeddah, For female applicant
Nursing and Midwifery
Critical Care/ ITU
To apply for this post you should hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand Passport. Professional Connections is contracted by our client to recruit from these territories only.
Our Client hospital in Jeddah is a 500 bed JCI accredited acute care hospital providing state of the art medical care for the population in the Western Region of Saudi Arabia. Jeddah is one of the most popular locations in Saudi Arabia, a cosmopolitan city with a population of 2 million, excellent shopping, international cuisine and a multicultural workforce.
Medical Services at the hospital include: Anaesthesia & ICU (ICU, PICU, Cardiac ICU, NICU, Cardiopulmonary Services, Oral & Dental Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Medical Imaging , Medicine, Renal Dialysis Unit, Obstetrics & Gynaecology , Paediatrics , Surgery, Oncology, Home Health Care Program, Outpatients Dept. and Al Iskan Clinics situated off site.
In addition, it promotes and advances an understanding of diseases prevention amongst the population.
Founded in July 1982, the hospital has continued to develop and expand. Recent projects include:The Cardiology Centre, Nursing College at King Saud University for Health Sciences, Out patient clinic centre, Grand expansion to all Emergency Room facilities, Grand expansion to the Oncology Centre, Founding the Bone Marrow Transplantation Centre and Burns Unit.
Unit Description: Intensive Care Department / Cardiac Care Unit
No. Of Beds: 20 ICD, 3 CCU
Nurse Patient Ratio:
* 1: 1-2 (ICD)
* 1: 1-3 (CCU)
Scope of Service:
* The unit provides acute, intensive care for medical and surgical patients over the age of 13 years. Medical conditions requiring care includes patients who are post cardiorespiratory arrest resuscitation, patients with one or more systems failure who need observation and/or active management such as patients with circulatory failure requiring massive volume expansions and/or vasoactive medications and invasive monitoring; patients with respiratory failure who need supportive measures and mechanical ventilation. Patients with CNS instability such as status epilepticus/increased ICP who need active management.
* Surgical patients requiring intensive care for management and observation after major surgery include: Craniotomy, major abdominal surgery, aorto-femoral bypass and any patient that has an underlying medical condition that requires constant monitoring.
* Cardiac patients who require anti failure and anti thrombolytic therapies and patients who require cardioversion
* Patients less than 13 years of age are admitted if no pediatric beds are available in the PICU.
* Generous Tax Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated.NEW! Increments for years of experience and for post graduate education.
* One year renewable contract. If you renew for a second year you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
* Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public holidays)
* Free fully furnished western accommodation.
* Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge. Gym, tennis +++
* Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
* High speed internet.
* Free healthcare.
* Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of contract.
* Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
* Registered Nurse with current Nursing license
* Diploma/ Degree in Nursing (Western standard)
* A minimum of two (2) years current clinical experience in specific area of practice
* English Language Skills: Level 1
* Computer Skills: Proficient
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.