Job description / Role
• Job Title : Staff Nurse
• Responsible to: Nurse Manager / Nursing Supervisor
• Basic Function: Within the mission, vision and values of the hospital and the Division of Nursing Services, provide total nursing care for assigned patients and assumes a leadership role when required. Rotates day and night shit to meet patient care requirements.
• Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process within established hospital, divisional and unit specific policies and
• procedures, standards, protocols, etc.
• Demonstrates knowledge and clinical assessment skills appropriate to clinical area.
• Takes direct and appropriate action in urgent and emergency situations.
• Documents all assessments, interventions and other pertinent information in the patient's health care record in a timely and ongoing manner.
• Promotes continuity of patient care through oral and written communication.
• Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and staff of other departments.
• Complies with hospital infection control and safety protocols.
• Provides a leadership and resource role in the provision of patient care.
• Acts as a unit management resource e.g. care coordinator, charge nurse, team leader, as assigned.
• Addresses issues using a problem solving framework. Initiates the nursing or medical/administrative chain of command if unable to resolve issues satisfactorily.
• Liaisons with other health care team members and departments to provide continuity of patient care and unit activities.
Education & Research:
• Works with all health care team members in activities designed for the improvement of patient care outcomes.
• Acts as a preceptor and/or resource for new employees, trainees and other staff.
• Assumes responsibility for own professional growth identifying those areas of clinical knowledge and skills that need further development.
• Uses research/current references in the provision of evidence-based care.
• Participates in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents.
• Anticipates and acts to maintain a safe environment.
• Assesses own care, that provided by others, patient care systems, and continuously seeks ways to improve.
• Complies with and participates in Quality Management Processes and activities.
• Serves as a professional role model, teacher and resource person.
• Develops and utilizes professional collegial networking.
• Demonstrates respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families other hospital employees, students and faculty.
• Advocates for excellence in patient care and for patient rights.
• Assumes responsibility for own actions, decisions and behaviors.
• Demonstrates initiative in the performance of duties.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Generous Tax Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated. Calculated for years of experience and for post graduate education.
• One year renewable contract. If you renew for a second year you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
• Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public holidays)
• Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of contract.
• Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
• Free fully furnished western accommodation.
• Free healthcare.
• Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge.
• Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
• High speed internet.
• Registered Nurse with current Nursing license - E
• Diploma in Nursing (Western standard) - Essential
• Two (2) years current clinical experience in specific area of practice - E
• Specific Certification as Required in area of assignment - E
• English Language Skills: Level I - E
• Computer Skills: Proficient - E
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.