Job description / Role
• SURGICAL SPECIAL CARE UNIT (SSCU-B)
• Number of Beds: 15
• Nurse Patient Ratio: 1:1-2
This unit provides acute, intensive care for surgical patients aged 14 years and above. Surgical patients requiring intensive care for management and observation following major surgery include craniotomy, major abdominal surgery, aorto-femoral bypass, thoracic, renal, liver, lung pancreatic transplantations, and any patient post-operatively that has an underlying medical condition that require close monitoring and active intensive care management. Cardiology patients are admitted if beds are unavailable in CCU.
The following diagnostic and therapeutic modalities are utilized to facilitate patient care:
• Nursing process (ongoing multi-system physical and psychosocial assessment, planning, intervention, education, and evaluation)
• nvasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Mechanical Ventilation
• Cardiac Monitoring
• Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
• IV Therapy
• Fluid and electrolyte balance and replacement
• Blood and blood component administration
• Airway management
• Skin and respiratory care
• Pain Management, Patient Controlled Analgesia, Epidural Analgesia
• Administration of Inotropes and Vasoactive Agents
• Emergency resuscitation procedures
• Management of post operative drains and wound care
• Safety management
• Infection Control
• Psychosocial care
• Intra Abdominal Monitoring
• Tracheostomy care
• Nutritional care - TPN / Enteral Feeds
• Bedside bronchoscopy / endoscopy
• Bedside Percutaneous tracheostomy
• Hypotermia Protocol
• MAAS Scoring
• BIS Monitoring
• Spiritual care
• ICP / EVD monitoring
• Patient / significant other education
• Rapid Response Team
• 100K Lives Campaign
• CERNER/ICIS Systems
• PACS System
• Pyxis Medication Administration System
• ICG Hemodynamic Monitoring System
• Vigileo Monitoring System
• Coolguard Hypothermia System
The Hospitals generous benefits package is beyond comparison to packages you can receive in your home country. Take a moment to consider the attractive, potentially tax-free salary, generous leave time, free Hospital housing, free medical & dental care, in addition to airline tickets, recreational facilities, relocation allowance, severance bonus, and remarkable service bonuses.
• Our client hospital allows you to gain experience with some of the world's foremost Medical professionals.
• Education and Development
• Career Planning and development.
• Continuing professional development.
• Personal and professional opportunities
• Opportunities for attendance at professional association meetings, conferences and seminars.
• Registered Nurse with current nursing license from country of origin
• Two years recent acute care nursing experience
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.