Job description / Role
- The Relationship Manager is responsible for selling to and managing a specific customer sector within Rapid Access’ portfolio of current/lapsed and potential customers.
- Reporting into the Regional Sales Manager and working closely with the credit control team, the role holder will be part of a team responsible for providing high quality and proactive business development opportunities within KSA and Bahrain region.
- The Relationship Manager will be given a defined customer portfolio and will be tasked with its growth and maximising revenue and profit against agreed targets by converting enquiries and sales proposals into confirmed orders.
- This role will manage existing broker relationships, leveraging their customer network and building direct contact with the end customer in order to increase direct machines on hire.
- This is predominantly achieved through field-based sales activity and account management of both the existing customer base and new business.
- The Relationship Manager is required to travel throughout the KSA & Bahrain
- Actively manage and develop all customers within an agreed portfolio which will extend across KSA and Bahrain
- Develop and sustain a solid relationship between Rapid Access and its customers
- Deal with all customer queries quickly, efficiently and cost effectively
- Ensure customer service and customer expectations are exceeded
- New Business Development:
- Manage relationships with brokers in order to leverage their customer relationships and network, and ultimately to grow Rapid machines on hire
- Through broker relationships, build and maintain contact base with end customer in order to increase direct machines on hire
- Growing the given portfolio through proactive prospecting through activities such as market research, networking and lead generation
- Updating the management team on topics such as industry trends, area performance, competitor activity, lost jobs, revenue and utilization
- Conducting customer sales visits with new and existing customers with goal of securing or retaining business
Achieving all revenue and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) targets to include:
- Year-on-year revenue growth
- Redevelopment of dormant accounts to agreed percentage
- Retention of existing active customer base within agreed percentage
Reporting & Information Systems:
- Ensure the CRM system is routinely updated with information such as customer visits, quotes, forecasts
- Assist with production of sales activity, market and competitor analysis reports
Sales Support Activities:
- Preparing and coordinating customer proposals and quotations
- Provide support to cash collection activities
Credit Control Activities:
- Responsibility for a client ledger of accounts and act as a point of contact for the country’s credit related escalations and queries
- Executing company’s credit policy within their area of responsibility
- Regular calls and follow-ups with customers to ensure the delivery of invoices, collection of payments and solving payment disputes
- Communication of disputed invoices, credit notes required. Chasing to ensure a prompt resolution
- Coordinate with the advocates for the legal cases and keeps an up to date record of the status of each pending case
SAR 15,000 to 17,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
- Proven track record in a business-to-business target –driven, consultative sales role in the heavy plant, machinery or construction related industry sector
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation skills and deliver convincing arguments in order to win commercially viable business
- Experience of strategically growing business in an assigned territory through an understanding of a customer base, competitor activity and buying behaviours
- KSA industry sales experience
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid car driving licence
- Fluent in Arabic , English and Hindi
- Well-presented, commercially astute individual with a strong understanding of business development activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully build rapport with others
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive
- Self motivated, dynamic and confident, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Detailed, organised and results oriented
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.