Job description / Role
- Perform the day-to-day work in order to increase refinery profit, enhance plant reliability/integrity, and promote safety & compliance to environmental standards.
- Create, maintain and communicate the Refinery Instrumentation & Controls Reliability Program through reliability strategy documents, road maps, checklists, procedures/processes and action tracking systems.
- Perform regular audits to ensure working capital is optimized, stock levels are maintained and spares for obsolete equipment are removed in coordination with concerned personnel.
- Ensure that all physical evidence pertinent to failure is captured and that the sequence id events prior to failure are properly documented.
- Predict equipment failure based on MTBF, ENMCS, Vibration trend analysis, thermography analysis and motor management monitoring data.
- Conduct failure analysis on equipment as requested by OME team and issue failure analysis reports to OME team for action.
- Steward "Bad Actors" program to ensure that lessons learned on one instrumentation & controls equipment item are applied to other similar equipment.
- Develop and maintain an effective action tracking system for Root Cause Analysis findings and recommendations and reporting in case of discrepancies.
- Utilize available monitoring programs results to track failures, predict equipment life and generate recommendations.
- Define spare part requirements for all Refinery Instrumentation & Controls and DCS Equipment, employing Risk Based Maintenance and Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis techniques (FMECA).
- Develop maintenance policies and procedures and provide technical assistance and trouble-shooting support for all instrumentation & controls equipment as required.
- Provide the necessary support to the respective OME team members daily.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Reliability Engineering Unit Supervisor.
- Technical Data Management
- Maintenance Methods and Equipment
- SAP Maintenance Application Knowledge
- Maintenance Resources Management
- Safety Measures and Standards
- Refinery Product Planning
- Product Development
- Inspection, Testing and Reporting
- Technical Standards and Regulations
- Quality Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Control & Automation, Systems, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
About the Company
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company Ltd., a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and China Petrochemical Corporation ( Sinopec). A world-class, full-conversion refinery that covers about 5.2 million square meters in the Yanbu Industrial City, and is considered to be a key anchor project for the future of Yanbu. YASREF will use 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) of Arabian heavy crude oil to produce premium transportation fuels, as well as high-value refined products for both international and domestic markets. It is scheduled to be operational in Q3 2014.
YASREF signifies the impressive downstream portfolio added to Saudi Aramco, yet building and cementing on the strategic partnership with Sinopec - Saudi Aramco's largest crude oil partner and buyer - Both companies bring commercial and technical expertise to the joint venture to enhance trade of transportation fuels between a significant energy producer and its consumer. In addition, YASREF represents a continuing step forward in the strategies of Saudi Aramco and Sinopec to drive growth further downstream to capture additional value along the hydrocarbon chain.
YASREF was registered in January 2012 with the single purpose to establish, operate, and manage a full conversion-refining complex. YASREF possesses the location advantage to effectively and efficiently supply both international and domestic markets. The products include 90,000 bpd of gasoline, 263,000 bpd of ultra-low sulfur diesel, 6,200 metric tons per day (mtd) of petcoke, 1,200 (mtd) of sulfur, and 140,000 tons per year of benzene. YASREF will process Arabian Heavy crude oil into high-quality refined products that could include future production of Paraxylene and products to support downstream industries.