Job description / Role
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
• Develops deep understanding of Sipchem's existing chemical processes
• In collaboration with the department Manager, identifies technical research needs within process development internal to Sipchem by consulting with company departments to determine the technology requirements needed to meet Sipchem innovation and corporate strategies
• In collaboration with concerned staff from Strategy & Business Development and Technology Center, participate in the evaluation of new Technology, review license agreements and intellectual properties
• Develops the scientific Lab capabilities for process and technology department in coordination and supervision of the department manager
• Identifies opportunities and R&D projects for catalyst (evaluation, selection and development), process optimization, process modification, and process reliability
• Initiates and lead R&D projects; identify the objectives and manage projects stages, tasks, milestones and deliverables
• Identifies and promotes potential joint technical research projects with other partners and universities
• Prepares technical reports, internal documentations, patents and publications related to process modification, optimization, catalyst development, process troubleshooting and best practice
• Ability to plan, lead and execute multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Analyses and interprets results from process equipment setup, catalyst evaluation and selection, analytical and microscopical equipment
About the Candidate:
• M.Sc. in chemical engineering, or related discipline
• Ph.D. desirable
• 10 + years in R&D related to process technology, catalyst, optimization, and product development
• Familiar with Catalyst, Processes Development and other H/C Processes
• Familiar with Mass Transfer, Heat Transfer, Applied thermodynamics and VLE System
• Industrial process engineering experience in Petrochemical or downstream industries
• Knowledge of corrosion, failure analysis, and reliability of process equipment
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Analytical Chemist - Chromatography