Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, all guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity. Be an ambassador for our brand as a Reservations Supervisor your responsible for effectively coordinating all hotel room requirements (group rooming lists, billing, VIP's, special requests etc.) in accordance with established standards setout by the hotel and company.
What is in it for you
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing
- Respond to all reservation requests and incoming calls in a courteous, efficient, professional and friendly manner in adherence to Fairmont Hotels & Resorts standards.
- Follow-up on all voicemails and emails in a timely manner
- Responsible for changes, cancellations, billing, upgrading, etc for all guests
- Responsible for charging advance deposits, no-show fees and cancellation fees
- Process and follow up on special guest requests
- Working directly with all clients to handle any additions/cancellations/changes.
- Assist in providing reservation related training to applicable operational departments
- Review group resumes each week and double check VIP/staff reservations (rate, room type, billing, etc.) in PM for accuracy.
- Perform all duties per the Reservations Daily / Weekly / Monthly checklist.
- Maintaining and responding to all requests received in the Reservations email address
- Research and support any / all Travel Agent commission inquiries
- Lead by example in demonstrating high levels of guest service, teamwork and "stepping out of the box" where possible
- Support the hotel's ongoing service and standards and philosophy.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include
- Certificate / diploma / degree in Hospitality Management an asset
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Excellent telephone manner mandatory - must enjoy working on the phone and talking to guests all day
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous front office and/or reservations experience is an asset
- Exceptional ability to work under deadline pressures
- Detail-oriented and numerical aptitude
- Previous experience with Opera, Micros an asset
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to)
- Constant sitting throughout shift
- Constant use of a computer and viewing screen throughout shift
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your
personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during
your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Front Office Supervisor
Front Office Receptionist
Reception Agent / Guest Service Agent