Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for experienced Resident Engineers to join our ongoing project in Jeddah.
A typical week would include:
* Provide oversight of the construction supervision of the concerned disciple's aspects of the project to such that the design documents are safely and correctly implemented during construction execution.
* Ensure that the requirements of the construction contract are fully met by the contractor
* Assist the CRE in the delivery of contractual obligations and in supervising the team of engineers/inspectors, reporting project progress, quality of the works and any changes in the design/construction.
* Supervise Assistant Resident Engineers (AREs), Site Engineers and Works Inspectors
* Establish the site office, identifies resources, organizes the Supervision Team and allocates responsibilities for HSE, cost control supervision and document control procedures
* Ensure all required permits from all governmental agencies are secured and valid and posted on site prior to commencing works.
* Review and implement all relevant the project plans including Construction Programme, QA & QC Plan and Organization Chart
* Evaluate, select, and adopt suitable construction supervision techniques, quality control procedures, and continuous improvement measures
* Review and respond to the concerned team for all claims submitted by the Contractor.
* Adopt a pro-active safety policy and safe work practices; ensure that contractor follows high quality health and safety measures on site.
* Hold and chair work progress / safety meeting between the Engineer and the Contractor; attend other regular meetings and with Client Executive Management, as necessary.
* Review Contractor's submittals including materials, method statements, inspection and test plans, inspection requests and requests for information (RFI) and provides timely responses.
* Review, the Change Orders and Contractor's Monthly Invoices.
* Coordinate with all Utilities Stakeholders; obtains material/subcontract approvals by creating necessary correspondence and participates in generating solutions to all technical issues on site.
* Participates and ensures proper closing-out on all aspects of the contracts.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Qualified with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognized accredited University plus minimum of five (5) years Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations.
* Minimum fifteen (15) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of major buildings/mixed use projects.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.